Procurement Heads is delighted to be exclusively representing a FTSE250 financial services business to hire a Head of Procurement Operations.
The business provides a variety of financial products including consumer, car and property finance as well as savings and wealth management offerings. They have established an excellent reputation in the market with an ethos based on building lasting relationships.
After restructuring, their procurement team is growing and they are making various senior hires.
A key hire for them is a new Head of Procurement Operations who will take on various senior duties, with around five direct reports.
This hire will be responsible for analysing tail spend and optimising procurement channels, implementing slick processes and frameworks and owning the procurement governance and assurance.
The procurement team has a strong voice in this business with fantastic support from the top-level meaning there is real scope for the successful candidate to help drive the business forward through best practices.
An open-door culture is at the heart of the business and they pride themselves on differentiating from the ‘old-school’ corporate way of working. They operate a hybrid working model with a mix of remote and collaborative work in their London office.
Key responsibilities of the Head of Procurement Operations role:
- Managing the procurement frameworks including continuous improvement and ensuring sufficient training and guidance materials for the team and business stakeholders
- Ensuring that there is a robust governance framework managing and monitoring compliance both from a functional perspective as well as a business perspective
- Ensuring that lower-tier engagements are processed quickly, efficiently and in line with frameworks, supporting all business areas and functions
- Ensuring that tail spend is analysed and strategic approaches developed to optimise & set up strategic procurement channels
- Maintenance and continuous improvement of all procurement systems
- Production and continuous improvement of procurement data and both functional and stakeholder dashboards and reporting
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities
Key skills and experience of the Head of Procurement Operations role:
- Experience in developing and embedding procurement frameworks
- Experience in building and leading high performing teams
- Experience in managing complex stakeholder environments
- Strong understanding of regulation relevant to procurement in particular PRA/FCA & EBA on Material arrangements and outsourcing
- Proven track record of maintaining robust governance processes and monitoring compliance both at a functional level and a framework level
- Proven track record of optimising processes, driving efficiencies and unlocking value
- Experience in procurement, category management and/or setting up procurement channels
- Strong understanding of risk management including control testing, reporting and issue management
- Strong track record of liaising with and influencing senior stakeholders at the highest levels of the organisation
- Strong analytical skills and ability to distil wide-ranging and complex management information into senior stakeholder reporting.
- Supply chain assurance experience
Key benefits of the Head of Procurement Operations role:
- £75-90,000 salary
- Private medical
- 10-25% Bonus
- 16% pension (5.6% employee/10.4% company)