If you are used to working in a growing SME, are comfortable with ambiguity as well as being innovative, entrepreneurial, and people-centric, we have a Greenfield Head of Procurement role that would suit you perfectly!
This is a PE-backed organisation with ambitious growth targets and a vision to grow five-fold by 2023. With current revenues sitting at circa £48m, a spend profile of £175m across Opco and Development, 1000 suppliers and near to 100,000 properties across UK and Europe across its 4 core brands, this makes for impressive reading for the future trajectory of the business.
Supported by two direct reports and reporting to the CFO, the Head of Procurement will establish a centralised procurement function that encompasses all four brands in the group but allows for cultural and geographical variances with suppliers/stakeholders. You will lead the Procurement team, manage the end-to-end process across all Categories of spend and to establish a proper SRM framework establishing value and strategic supplier relationships. You will need to build strong relationships with key internal stakeholders particularly on the design and build side as well as other functional leads and General Managers to deliver value, assurance and quality delivery.
This is an organisation where your voice is heard. The idea that you ask for forgiveness rather than permission has been embraced and you should feel comfortable with innovating, challenging the status quo and driving the business forward even if you don’t always get it right first time.
This role would suit an aspiring Head of Procurement; somebody who is currently in a Senior Procurement role in Hospitality, Property or is responsible for a wide range of categories with knowledge of European markets and wants to take the next step in their career. This is a people centric organisation and you will be judged on your attitude and behaviours more than your skill. Delivery is important but the culture fit has to be right. Somebody who is used to an agile working, ever changing start up mentality environment would suit this role very well. If you are currently working for a large corporate and are drowning in bureaucracy and fancy a change, this could work for you.
As Head of Procurement, your key responsibilities will be:
- Develop and continually evolve a clear procurement strategy – you lead the business rather than it leading you. Develop a best in-class end to end procurement process, SRM framework and build a function capable of adding value and driving growth
- Develop a clear, agile and controlled P2P process that can be rolled our European wide and ensure the business is aligned on its objectives
- Establish a repeatable and scaleable European procurement approach, using insourced and outsourced resources as well as taking into account brand and cultural variances
- Identify opportunities to deliver total value savings across the function and create a values conscious culture
- Leverage a scorecard to provide assurance to the Board
- Lead a commercially focused team that provides a competitive advantage to the group
- Build a Sustainable team to support the business without specific individual enablement/risk
Skills and experience:
You will ideally be CIPS/MCIPS qualified with knowledge of European markets ideally within a hospitality/real estate organisation as can evidence the following:
- Experience of managing multiple external providers and budgets as has a network of external support and advisors in the field
- Experience of working with successful lifestyle brands
- Setting up of a Procurement function, processes and strategic sourcing programme
- Working in a fast paced, agile, SME environment to drive change
- Experience of outsourcing services
How to apply:
To discuss the Head of Procurement in more depth please contact Hayley Packham at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 7780 043157 | Enquiries are all handled confidentially.