This inspirational global organisation whose core aim is to save lives has experienced a significant period of transformation over the past two and a half years following the appointment of the CIO and Supply Chain Director.
To further support the next phase of transformation, we have been asked to recruit a Head of Procurement and Logistics who will take responsibility for ensuring all goods reach their destination at the lowest total cost and risk to the organisation.
You will be responsible for the delivery and implementation of the procurement and inbound/outbound logistics strategy across the organisation through internal and external collaboration.
For this exciting new role, you will need to have:
- Extensive Logistics and Procurement Experience ideally gained within a manufacturing or engineering environment
- Significant exposure to ERP systems and the process improvements that accompany these
- A demonstrable track record in driving change and improvement against clear and measurable targets and standards
- A strong track record of value delivery, partnership development and risk reduction
- A proven ability in effective collaboration in a complex environment with internal and external partners
- Demonstrable experience of building capability within and across teams
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Developing end to end procurement capability across the organisation including strategic category management, direct and indirect tactical buying and operational supplier management to maximise total value and minimise the cost to the business
- Leading the programme of work to reduce risk in supply (both internal and external) across all areas of Procurement and Logistics, ensuring all goods and services are delivered in accordance with standards
- Identifying and leading opportunities to improve the Logistics and Procurement related processes and practices including all processes that support other functions across the business
This is a truly wonderful organisation and one which really does make a difference. If you want to be part of a Senior Leadership team who really believes in making a difference and giving people autonomy to make necessary changes for the good of the organisation, please don’t hesitate in applying today!