This a brilliant opportunity as a newly created Head of Procurement position for a well-established Financial Services organisation who are embedding SRM, Category Management and Change Management to create a Procurement best practice team.
This role will have initially 4-5 reports with the expectation to grow out the SRM function and to act as an ambassador to the finance and commercial team to the Board of Directors as they continue to invest in the function.
The role will have the following accountabilities:
- Delivery of value additive, well controlled and robust procurement processes aligned to business need
- Proactively engage with internal stakeholders, leveraging research and your experience, to build a pipeline of procurement opportunities
- Manage the procurement and SRM team and look at high valued strategic projects to ensure their delivery
- Oversee relationships with suppliers of the business, directly managing key aspects of relationships as you see fit or delegating effectively to your SRMs
- Proactively engage with and influence both the business and suppliers to deliver creative and intelligent initiatives that increase value for both the business and its supplier base
- Closely monitor and manage supplier performance, addressing internal or external issues as they arise and conducting regular engagement, at a variety of levels with key suppliers
- Lead the strategy and the conversation around management of third party spend for the business
- Lead a small team of experienced SRMs and oversee execution of supplier management strategy for key, non-centralised contracts, including assessing whether management should, in time, be centralised
In order to be successful in your application you will require:
- Significant previous experience in heading up a Procurement function
- Strong leadership experience
- Proven track record of engaging with the exec and senior stakeholders internally
- Strong commercial understanding and a willingness to challenge the status quo
- Demonstrated history of influencing business change
- Manages relationships with key stakeholders at all levels both externally and internally
- CIPS qualified and degree education desirable not essential
If you are a Procurement Leader perhaps looking for a wider remit, a new challenge or maybe a more local role to your home in beautiful Sussex then please apply today with an updated CV and your relevant contact details.