In a time of change, with a brand-new team taking shape, this global player in the consumer goods market is looking for a new Head of IT Procurement oversee IT Services across the business in their slick London offices.
This is an exciting time for one of the UK’s most prominent companies as they looking to grow their Procurement capability globally. The Procurement Agenda for 2019 is an exciting one, with new Procurement initiatives being rolled out, a more agile workforce plan and Procurement being mandated across the business.
End to end category management is at the heart of Procurements philosophy as they really look to continue to raise the profile of Procurement. This role will report straight to the Procurement Director, managing a team of 2 people and managing some exciting large-scale strategic projects in IT and Technology.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implementing and delivering the overall category strategy across IT and Technology with a spend of over £50 million
- Accountable for building and maintaining collaborative relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Managing a capable team of 2 Procurement Professionals to begin with
- Working in a truly dynamic and impressive offices with the opportunity for flexible working
- Being the subject matter expert for IT Procurement and regularly review of business wide strategies as part of the wider Procurement Exec Team.
- Have a broad range of IT Category knowledge, particularly in Software, Hardware and Telecoms
- Good understanding of vendors, suppliers and commercial models for the Telecoms area
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders in the business and perhaps have people managed either virtually or directly
- Solid People Management skills are important
- Degree or equivalent is preferred but not essential
Procurement is at the forefront of this new-age thinking organisation and there is a lot of untapped spend for you and your team to get your hands around. So if you have a proven track record of running an IT Procurement Team and looking for a new role in 2019 where you can add true value to the organisation then please get in touch with me!