A highly profitable and transforming recognised professional services company is recruiting a dynamic Head of Procurement & Estates.
A highly profitable and transforming professional services company recognised as a Top Employer 2021 is recruiting a dynamic Head of Procurement & Estates with energy and enthusiasm to develop and implement procurement strategy.
With an impressive, ex-FTSE 100 executive board, you will be joining a business with an exciting growth agenda and a clear strategy for the years ahead. What’s more, you’ll get the opportunity to genuinely deliver back to the country through the company’s business model.
With a team of 10 and a spend of circa £60m (a mixture of BAU and projects), this role will suit someone with several years’ experience of procurement in a large, complex organisation who is bright, capable and motivated to make a difference.
The role will see you working agilely with a need to travel into the business’ Hertfordshire office when required.
As Head of Procurement & Estates your key responsibilities will be:
- Developing and implementing procurement strategy covering all elements of non-pay expenditure, allowing the business to act as a commercially focused and dynamic organisation, delivering innovative procurement solutions whilst achieving significant and sustainable improvements and cost savings
- Ensuring company-wide procurement functions in accordance with the procurement policy and strategy, consistent with financial and operational governance arrangements that incorporate continuous development of professional practices in the procurement contract management, supply and distribution of products and services
- Ensuring resources are primarily focused on delivering savings, process improvements, service re-design and supplier rationalisation, as required, to drive quality and value for the company while maintaining legal and effective contracts.
- Giving professional procurement advice to other disciplines with procurement responsibilities
- Developing and implementing the estates strategy, ensuring properties are fit for purpose and maintained to a consistently high quality
- Implementing a category management approach to critical spend, ensuring that spend is effectively managed and that supplier performance is monitored and controlled
- Implementing and maintaining a contracts database of all commercial agreements, and risk assess against a range of procurement and non-procurement criteria
- Promoting contract management best practices and ensuring appropriate arrangements are in place
- Implementing effective systems governing the selection and standardisation of equipment and consumables
- Advising the executive team and heads of services on all procurement matters
- Negotiate the resolution of complex commercial issues with suppliers and stakeholders.
- Implementing efficient e-Procurement systems which improve efficiency and drive down costs.
- Leading on property projects such as refurbishments and relocation projects, ensuring appropriate contractors are appointed including estate agents, surveyors and design, build and fit-out contractors
- Preparing, presenting and facilitating meetings and presentations to stakeholders as appropriate in a variety of media including spreadsheets and presentations for the transition and ongoing management of procurement processes.
Skills and experience:
- Several years’ experience of procurement in a large complex organisation
- Knowledge of supply and service contractual terms
- Experience in management, training and development of staff
- Experience collaborating with other functional managers
- Excellent communications skills both written and oral
- CIPS Diploma
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS)
- Willingness to undergo any further training relevant to the position
Benefits of the Head of Procurement & Estates role include:
- 10% bonus
- 10% matched pension
- 27 days holiday