Are you a Senior Category Manager looking for your first Head of Procurement role?
Do you have experience across a broad range of Indirects Categories? Are you passionate about SRM and mentoring and developing a small team? If so, this opportunity could be a good match!
With more than 2,000 customers across multiple sites in the UK, this organisation has significantly benefitted from the Covid crisis across all 3 of its main revenue streams and is on the next phase of its growth trajectory. There are many positives to working at this organisation but a key factor is that the Procurement Director sits on the board and therefore procurement is mandated as a function and seen as a truly value add business partner.
With an overall spend of £500m, you will manage the entire indirects spend worth £100m. Supported by a team of 4, you will work on a series of budgeted programmes and deploy resource as necessary. The organisation does not adopt traditional category management and you must therefore be agile in your thinking and ways of working to deliver across the business.
Examples of key programmes in the pipeline include:
- Entire fleet change to EV
- Roll out of a new customer contact centre management programme
- CAPEX activity on new warehouse acquisitions
- M&A activity and the creation of group contracts.
This organisation has a reputation for driving efficiency and innovation, so this isn’t just about reducing costs. It’s about smarter policy, practice and strategies that will enable the business to achieve its goals with assurance and a competitive advantage.
The Head Office is located in Buckinghamshire with the expectation that you will spend 50% of your week at the office and 50% working from home.
As Head of Procurement, your key responsibilities will be:
- Support the Company in the ongoing development of a strong and credible procurement function
- Establish strong internal client and supplier relationships at all levels. Build professional working relationships promoting communication, innovation all with healthy support and challenge
- Regularly conduct reviews, encouraging an open exchange of ideas and information, both internally and with suppliers and prospective suppliers
- Implement and maintain best practices for end-to-end management of all supplier decisions, sourcing, negotiations, financial analysis, contracting, procurement, and ongoing supplier management
- Devise, lead and deliver the Annual Procurement Plan (APP)
- Take the lead on negotiations, contract development and adherence to best practice and procurement policy
- Collect and analyse data to identify, initiate and manage opportunities, working with the operations teams to procure goods and services more effectively
- Produce monthly Procurement KPIs and Action Plans
- Engage support and agreement for the strategy and APP from key stakeholders so that the APP, decisions and suppliers support the strategy and brand
- Work through the procurement processes to help the business reduce current spend levels whilst maintaining quality to achieve savings targets. Deliver the target savings including cost avoidance agreed on an annual basis
- Manage, coach and mentor a team of 4
Skills and experience:
The ideal candidate should have broad indirects category expertise with a minimum of 5yrs experience gained in a fast paced, multi business unit environment paired with the following elements:
- Good technical and commercial appreciation of the range of procurement categories
- Excellent judgement skills
- Conviction and commitment to developing relationships
- Ability to negotiate at the highest levels with suppliers with an analytical and commercial approach
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written in order to: influence internal and external stakeholders and disseminate information appropriately through the company hierarchy adapting communication style in line with audience and situation
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload and work to conflicting, frequently demanding, deadlines for self and others. Able to manage effectively in order to achieve daily and weekly tasks through organisation, delegation and prioritisation
- Able to produce consistently accurate work with a high level of attention to detail even when working under pressure. A “right first time” mentality
- Able to interpret financial and performance data in order to draw conclusions, identify opportunities for improvement and recommend solutions
- Understanding of budgeting, financial planning and business case production
- IT Literate – proficient in the use of MS Office including intermediate MS PowerPoint, and Excel skills for data analysis and presentation in order to influence business cases e.g. pivot tables, graphs etc.
Benefits of the Senior Procurement Manager – Technology include:
- A salary of £65k pa
- A company car/car allowance of £5,400pa
- A potential bonus of 20% (subject to scheme rules)
- A defined contribution pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- A staff discount scheme (including a number of high street outlets)
- Employee Assistance Plan
How to apply:
To discuss the Head of Procurement role in more depth please contact Hayley Packham at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7780 043157 | Enquiries are all handled confidentially.