A technology organisation in Berkshire has undergone a significant transformation and, as a result, is seeking a Head of Procurement to join at a time in its pivotal growth trajectory as they aim to commercialise parts of its business offering.
The successful individual will enable the organisation to grow, transform and drive future market opportunities as well as shape, develop and deliver the procurement strategy.
Reporting to the CFO with £0.5bn spend across direct and indirects, the Head of Procurement will lead the procurement and commercial management across all business units supported by a team of five.
This is an organisation that has previously had procurement, commercial and vendor management sat under one individual. Now, the Head of Procurement will support the commercial teams in busines winning activities (bids, pricing, negotiation) as well as empowering the Business Owners to manage the vendor relationships post award.
As Head of Procurement, you will be expected to carry out the following:
- Develop and shape a long-term Sourcing & Category strategy that optimises spend
- Create a clear operational strategy geared around the business cost savings targets
- Work with the SLT to deliver annual business plan, objectives and budgets.
- Develop a clear SRM programme to ensure development of close synergistic working relationships with key suppliers.
- Work with BU and Contract owners to assist with all commercial matters
- Lead, manage and develop the Procurement function
Skills and experience:
You will ideally be MCIPS qualified and a self-starter with ideally 5yrs experience in Telecoms/communications and/or property/FM and will be able to evidence the following:
- Significant successful commercial negotiation & account management experience with a track record of fostering relationships
- Senior Manager with a proven track record of Procurement & Commercial leadership within a significant corporate business
- Effective people management in a change/transformation environment
- Ability to present at Board level
IACCM would be advantageous as 210 training contracts are being rolled out across the business to help support the teams with commercial contract management.
This is a fast-paced role with demanding investors and stakeholders. You will need to evidence how you have matrix managed tough stakeholder groups in the past ideally in a multi-site or group environment.
Benefits of the Head of Procurement role:
- £7,500 car allowance
- 20% bonus
- 30 days annual leave
- Double matched pension contribution
How to apply:
To discuss the Head of Procurement in more depth please contact Hayley Packham at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 7780 043157. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.