Procurement Heads’ Industrial practice is delighted to be retained in partnership with a family run construction manufacturing business in the heart of Hampshire to appoint their Head of Procurement. One of the UK’s leading Modular development and construction companies they take an innovative, flexible and collaborative approach, working as a trusted partner to contractors, developers and property asset management companies in the design, build and maintenance of modular construction projects.
This is a newly created position with the exciting opportunity to develop strong procurement foundations for manufacturing and construction as the business enters into a rapid growth period. You will be reporting to the Director of Operations and will manage 1 direct report.
The Head of Procurement will need to:-
- Create, and deliver an organisational procurement strategy
- Ensure a high degree of ethical and best value for money is achieved across all spend activities and drive value across the business.
- Understand a project based working environment
- Ensure that Procurement decisions are driven by a full understanding of production requirements and review of the established Bill of Materials in conversation with the Production teams.
- Manage the data integrity within the MRP system and drive the creation of a clear Master schedule.
- Be responsible for managing the warehousing and logistics functions.
Skills and Experience
- You will need to have significant experience of procurement and sourcing strategies and managing material in excess of £15m.
- Previous leadership experience of managing your own team, and experience of working in a diverse matrix management environment.
- MRP systems experience.
- A strong background in managing logistics, material storage and warehousing
Salary and Benefits
- £70-75k per annum
- Eligibility to join the annual discretionary company bonus scheme
- 4% employer pension contribution
- Family healthcare cover
- Life Assurance
- Company Sick Pay
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Employee discount
- Gym membership
- On-site parking