A private equity backed leisure organisation that has huge expansion plans on its agenda is recruiting a Head of Procurement to lead its growing team.
Working exclusively with Procurement Heads, this company has near on doubled in size year on year for the past 3 years and, with numerous additional sites in the pipeline, they plan to have a strong foothold in the European market.
Nevertheless, this is by no means a big corporate business, you will be joining a value-led business which places an emphasis on culture, flexibility and uniqueness.
Reporting to the CFO, you will establish and realise the procurement strategy, achieving c-suite buy-in, by working closely with spend owners to develop clear ways of working with operational, development and functional teams, enabling the procurement team to add significant value.
As Head of Procurement you will have a number of key deliverables and be responsible for:
- Develop a world-class procurement team and process to ensure that procurement is at the heart of the business decision-making and engaged fully upfront for strategic and leverage spend areas.
- Create tools, templates and a framework for allowing the company to procure to the highest standards even when the function is not directly accountable
- Develop a clear, agile and controlled purchase-to-pay (PTP) process with the appropriate high standards, update cycle and evidence of control expected of a large pan-European operating business.
- Communicate visually and widely to the business to provide alignment and curiosity
- Establish a repeatable and scalable European procurement approach, blending insourced and outsourced resources, flexed for the nature and presence of the company
- Align procurement to the changing business strategy (operating and development businesses).
- Leverage systems to enable the procurement journey to be effortless and to enable adherence to PTP approach.
- Identify opportunities to deliver total value savings (avoidance, absolute saving) across the procurement teams and create a value-conscious organisation culture.
This role needs someone that can shape procurement strategy, develop a procurement team and work on people transformation.
It would ideally suit someone from a hospitality or FMCG background that has experience in high-growth, scale-up environments.
The bulk of this role will be centred around centralising and governing spend, consequently, you will be dealing with operational teams that aren’t necessarily commercially savvy.
It is imperative this person has excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills to achieve buy-in from stakeholders at all levels.