I am exclusively recruiting for a leading listed services organisation based in North Hampshire with Headquarters in Mainland Europe. This is a greenfield role and one whereby you will be able to set the strategy, partner with the business units globally to achieve objectives and build a team (as appropriate).
The Head of Procurement will be responsible for the management of the UK supplier base. Currently this covers around 550 indirect suppliers and a small number of direct suppliers. The role will also need to work closely with the wider team in Europe on contracts managed for the whole organisation.
You will take the lead in reviewing of all current contracts in order to ensure that they deliver the best level of price and service with the joint aims of reducing spend and improving performance. You will need to be an experienced contract negotiator, and to be able to spot opportunities for improvement in the current supplier base.
You will also work closely with our operational management teams to identify and agree new business requirements, and use those relationships to ensure new contracts are rolled out across the business and complied with nationally.
Key responsibilities include:
- Analyse contractual agreements with current suppliers to the UK business to identify opportunities for cost saves and improved performance measures
- Analyse business and vendor spend, identify potential reduced spend, cost avoidance or other added value opportunities
- Undertake negotiations with the current supplier base to introduce and implement preferable terms
- Agree and implement performance management measures and define review periods to monitor supplier performance. Introduce and manage remedial measures where necessary.
- Implement scheduled reviews, performance reports and action plans that lead to best practice
- Implement year on year purchasing improvements to realise hard savings to business bottom line. These should be demonstrated through management reports which capture activity and track the savings achieved
- Work closely with the central procurement team to assess and deliver maximum value through business process improvements
- Align the UK procurement strategy with global initiatives and provide reporting and MI to Head Office as required.
- Identify and implement procurement improvements to drive down spend
- Work with site management teams (c. 40 sites across the UK) to implement new national contracts locally and drive compliance
You will be an excellent negotiator, communicator and influencer with strong analytical ability and commercial awareness. Proven experience leading cost saving initiatives and change implementation as well as Proven experience of implementing new contractual terms across a multi-site organisation would be a huge plus!
To find out more, please apply with an up to date CV today or call Hayley on 01962 869838 for more information