We are working with a well-known luxury clothing brand to recruit a Global Head of Procurement.
We are currently recruiting for a Head of Global Sourcing and Procurement.
The company is on an ambitious growth path over the next five years with plans to increase units sold across a range of categories dramatically; and this role, which is responsible for the global factory base is key to their success.
The role will report to the Director of Supply Chain and will be responsible for meeting key procurement KPIs in relation to order fulfilment and intake margin.
A key focus will be to understand current supplier capabilities, and develop new sourcing strategies in order to meet their business targets.
The ideal candidate will have experience in procuring raw materials for apparel globally.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Develop a deep understanding of key business objectives and ensure the supply chain strategy and plans are aligned to support business needs.
- Understand supplier capabilities, strengths and weaknesses, and develop strategies towards achieving Business objectives.
- Identify new sources of supply to improve margin and trading terms.
- Identify process bottlenecks and implement solutions in a timely manner.
- Manage seasonal capacity planning with factories in order to meet key KPIs.
- Strategic awareness of global logistics working towards optimisation of inbound transport and minimisation of import tariffs
- Deliver salesperson samples on time/on cost/on quality for season launches.
- Work to the commercial calendar for consumer launch dates for pre, main and special ranges and collaborations.
- Responsibility for carrying out detailed costing analysis with full accountability for margin achievement versus target.
- Working closely with suppliers to negotiate and manage pricing, rebates, surcharges and other trading terms to ensure margins are achieved.
- Analyse costings and drive cost challenges.
- Control non-standard costs and minimise purchase price variances.
- Ensure factories adopt quality assurance processes and produce product to the required quality standards.
- Comply to the ethical trade audit plan and ensure corrective action plans are carried out within the determined time frame.
- To align the global supply base with environment sustainability initiatives
- To ensure factories contracted to the company are compliant in support of the business maintaining ISO14001 certification.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of managing factories globally in respect to order fulfilment particularly in the Far East with a proven track record of meeting key procurement KPIs
- Ideally experience of working with factories on clothing/footwear/accessories
- Ideally MCIPS and/or degree qualified
- Excellent leadership and management skills in order to drive the success of the team which includes 5 Category Managers and a number of Production Managers.
- Strong relationship management with the ability to influence at all levels with the ability to lead and work on initiative in a highly pressurised fast paced environment delivering to tight timescales
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Able to travel to (offshore) factories
- Budget/cost control experience
- Critical path management