An eminent charity is recruiting a Head of Contract Management & Procurement to upskill a small team and manage all existing outsourced contracts.
A well-known charity centred in the heart of London is looking to appoint a Head of Contract Management and Procurement.
With a 5 year strategic plan in place to drive growth and improvement in its service provision, this is an excellent opportunity for a skilled influencer with a passion for excellence to build the profile of Contract Management and Procurement as a proactive, professional and critical business function.
As the charity is a public corporation, a high level of knowledge about public procurement, including the public contract and concession contract regulations is a prerequisite for the role.
Key international relationships:
Head of Commercial Projects, Head of Events, Head of Catering, Park Managers, Works Project Manager.
You will also have contact with the CEO, Trustees and Directors particularly the Commercial Director, the Director of Communications and Fundraising and the legal team
Key external relationships:
Commercial lawyers, Crown Commercial Services, commercial partners, contractors, contract management and procurement groups, other charities, business groups, and other visitor attractions.
The organisation currently employs around 200 staff.
Reporting to the General Counsel (for now as a new Director of Corporate Services is to be appointed and Procurement would sit under this person) and managing a small team of 3, you will be responsible for circa £40m spend across a broad range of outsourced contracts largely centred around Hard and Soft FM, Catering, Events and cleaning as well as all of the Indirect Services that underpin the organisation.
The role focuses predominantly on four key areas:
- Ensuring the best value from the contracts through high-quality contract management
- Ensuring the best contractor is selected to run the services through a robust procurement process
- Ensuring compliance with public procurement obligations appropriately
- Ensuring the best business model for each activity, including consideration of in-sourcing
If you have experience with Public Sector Procurement Contracting and believe you can coach and upskill a small team whilst building key relationships both internally and externally, let’s have a discussion.
Benefits of the role:
- Base Salary up to £78,500
- 26 days’ annual leave (pro rata) plus public holidays, increasing to 29 days after 3 years of service
- Pension scheme (3% employee contribution; up to 10% employer contribution)
- Hybrid/agile working options
- Private medical insurance and healthcare cash plan
- Employee assistance programme and access to mental health first aiders
- Learning and development opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme
- Opportunity to ballot for free tickets to events
- Offices in a beautiful location
The role has so much potential both for the individual and the team they manage provided they are able to get the Contract Management and Procurement Department in the spotlight.
Beautiful offices in a tranquil and iconic location, a collaborative and warming culture and environment and some great perks of the job.
Please do get in touch if this could be of interest.