A reputable FTSE 250 FMCG organisation with an exciting approach to sustainable Procurement is seeking a Head of Commodity Risk Management as part of its expanding Procurement Leadership Team.
Reporting to the CPO in a standalone role, the Head of Commodity Risk Management will lead the function’s approach to managing the financial risk associated with indirect and direct Procurement. Working collaboratively with Finance, Tax and Treasury, you will develop the company’s approach towards the financial risk management of a host of commodities.
Working with the Category Management Team, you will provide subject matter expertise into commodity market analysis and the selection of financial instruments, and develop recommendations for managing risk.
As Head of Commodity Risk Management your key responsibilities will be:
- Leading the analysis of commodity markets
- Identifying opportunities to implement risk management solutions
- Managing commodity exposure for sourced raw materials and ingredients
- Reporting on and tracking all commodity exposure
- Development Risk Management Policies with Finance and Treasury
- Pricing of commodities and development of risk management strategies with Category Managers
- Identifying and recommending the use of instruments to manage financial risk
- Execution of agreed risk management strategies
- Tracking and reporting performance implemented risk management strategy
- Recommend pricing levels LRP and annual business planning process
- Developing commodity price tracking capability and providing updates in internal stakeholders.
- Development of governance structures with Tax and Treasury in accordance with Company Risk Management Policy
- Lead Commodity Risk Management committee meetings and preparing all relevant documentation informing committee decisions and strategy relating to pricing, timing and coverage
- Execute, track and report performance of agreed risk management strategies
- Internal and external champion for Commodity Risk Management
- Own commodity reporting process to all internal stakeholders
- Build network all relevant internal and external stakeholders
Skills and experience:
- Experience of managing portfolio commodities (experience of metals, plastics, fuel and soft commodities)
- Extensive knowledge of financial instruments for risk management
- A broad network of contacts with commodities / financial sector
- Proven ability to build analytical and reporting tools
- Category management experience and an understanding of procurement
- A good understanding of core procurement and sourcing processes
- Developed analytical skills use of access databases and advanced Excel
- Demonstrated success working in a cross-functional team environment is essential
Benefits of the Head of Commodity Risk Management role include:
- £6,000 car allowance
- 15% bonus
- 10.5% pension (total contribution)
- 25 days holiday
How to apply:
To discuss the Head of Commodity Risk Management role in more depth, please contact James Dobbin at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7785 622635 | +44 (0) 1962 869838.
Enquiries are all handled confidentially.