For more than a century, this organisation has been trusted to deliver engineering services across the UK and globally.
The Head of Commercial role sits within the marine division of one of the fastest-growing business units comprising three main pillars with a huge emphasis on technology.
Reporting to the new Supply Chain Director, you will lead a team of 20 to develop and deliver commercial strategies, both short and long term, related to managing existing international contracts, undertaking negotiations, pricing activities and dynamic contractual risk assessments as well as managing tender and organic growth activities at every level.
This is a Business Unit that has an MD with a clear vision and strategy, supported by a brand new Supply Chain Director with a clear track record of delivery.
There are three main components to the Head of Commercial role that you must be able to evidence to be successful:
- Leadership – capable of leading a team of 20 to deliver on objectives
- Contract management – confident and managing risk, KPI’s, negotiations and pricing
- Business Development – not only are you required to manage the existing contracts, you are also required to seek out new revenue generating opportunities for the organisation.
The role would suit somebody who is working for a large organisation and who is used to delivering against large scale, complex, long term programmes.
You will be based in Bristol but the expectation will be 1/2 days per week in the office when allowed with a fully remote set up to begin with. This is an opportunity that requires SC clearance and you therefore must be eligible for this in order to apply.
As Head of Commercial, you will be expected to demonstrate experience in the following areas:
- Lead a dynamic team of commercial professionals, embedded within a series of customer focused business delivery streams.
- Provide contract management and governance within the delivery teams
- Undertake negotiations and pricing activities in support of organic or new growth opportunities
- Identify and implement pragmatic commercial solutions to achieve win:win scenarios with customers, partners and suppliers
- Create and execute commercial strategies to achieve success
- Support and deliver the business unit financial performance targets
- Develop the functional commercial objectives for the business unit team members and align these to the operational and growth objectives
- Act as the commercial point of escalation for any and all queries from the project team
- Mentor and guide other commercial staff and a community of business graduates, sharing best practice, advice and recommendations to commercial scenarios
Skills and experience:
You will ideally hold one of the following qualifications (MCIPS, IACCM, PGCCM) and be able to evidence at interview:
- Excellent listening and communication skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with project teams, internal and external stakeholders and employees at all levels of the organisation.
- Significant technical skills and experience across a range of contract models and demonstration of the ability to undertake and manage commercial risks and opportunities in support of delivery and growth activities along with contractual negotiations (T&Cs)
- A self-starter, who is performance-driven – with a desire to make a significant contribution/impact. Is able to work independently and as an active team member.
- An innovative thinker – who can understand complex issues (balancing the detail and the big picture), using insight/data (evidence) and their judgement to propose good decisions and have a positive impact.
- Experience in positively contributing to business and contract performance.
- A leader who is a role model and leads the commercial team to success
How to apply:
To discuss the Head of Commercial in more depth please contact Hayley Packham at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 7780 043157. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.