One of Berkshire’s most unique engineering organisations is currently looking for a Procurement Director level Head of Category to join the senior leadership, with the vision and desire to implement successful change.
With some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world, you’ll be joining during a time of real structural change.
Following the appointment of a new Chief Procurement Officer last year, this cutting-edge organisation is looking for a Procurement Director level Head of Category to sit within the Senior Leadership Team and re-design and implement true end to end category management in a team of 60 plus. This is a really rewarding and highly exciting opportunity which will impact the direction of the Procurement function.
Large company exposure at a similar level is desired for this role, with the ideal candidate having designed and led a large implementation of Category Management. You must be a successful leader, too, as this position will have senior direct reports who oversee a large team.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- Successfully designed and implemented a full end to end category management structure within a Blue-Chip organisation
- Management experience, including developing and driving the culture of a large team of 50+ procurement professionals
- Developed a complex category strategy across several sectors or categories
- Evidence of successful management of major strategic sourcing projects
- Supplier Relationship Management skills
- Ability to influence key business customers and stakeholders
- Understanding of how market intelligence can add value to category management,
If the sound of working within a business at the centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence excites you, please do apply directly today. To find out more, please call Procurement Heads on 01962 869838.