A PE-backed group of companies with a combined turnover of c£150m that supplies medical devices and equipment to public and private healthcare organisations is looking to recruit its first Senior Procurement Manager to the team.
This is a greenfield Procurement function that was only set up a year ago when the company was taken over by PE.
Reporting to the Group Procurement Director and managing a team of six, you will be required to deliver effective procurement solutions to all companies within the Group. This role will manage the supply of goods and services across the divisions in order that value and performance improvements are delivered through a more strategic approach to supply chain management and a more integrated approach with customers (internal & external) and suppliers.
This is an organisation that has been through a significant amount of change and will continue to grow through acquisition. It is therefore imperative that you are able to create a Group Procurement policy and process that is fit for purpose across the entire business whilst having an appreciation for the individual brands within the group and their requirements.
You and your team will be responsible for managing large and existing contracts in place. Whilst you will not have an impact on strategic sourcing, you will be required to negotiate with suppliers, ensure the contracts are delivered to the set standard and ensure goods and service are delivered to the customer on time and in full.
As Senior Procurement Manager, you will be expected to carry out the following:
- Manage an allocated procurement spend category and being the company SME on that category
- Lead the integration of all allocated procurement activities into one “Common Procurement Philosophy.
- Align the annual objectives of the function / individuals against the strategy set by the Group Procurement Director
- Provide development and training, and ensure adequate resource allocation, to enable the function / individuals to successfully achieve objectives / targets.
- Develop value adding relationships with suppliers and cross-functional departments.
- Raise the profile of the purchasing function, both internally and externally.
- Manage supplier invoice query resolution and implement long term resolutions with suppliers and internal functions to reduce the failure level to agreed levels
- Analyse future requirements, pipeline, and ensure strategies are delivered on time and in full ready for deployment
- Ensure that inventory levels are constantly monitored, and action taken to support Operations ability to deliver to the customer on time and in full.
- Provide strategic direction for the procurement function, that will support the overall business objectives of the company and provide long term breakthrough to generate sustained growth and profitability.
- Ensure appropriate Contracts, KPIs and SLAs are negotiated and in place with key suppliers.
- Champion the standards of operational, professional, and ethical excellence.
- Assume the role of business leader and change agent.
- In conjunction with the Group Procurement Director continually evaluate and seek to improve the supply chain service to meet the evolving needs of internal and external clients
- Identify and recommend suppliers who will actively seek to innovate and add value to Group going forward and develop these relationships
- Develop management reporting to facilitate strategic decision-making by the Group Procurement Director and measure the performance of procurement against targets,
- Ensure the Procurement team work effectively with key stakeholder teams to provide bid and mobilisation support
Skills and experience:
You will ideally be CIPS qualified and have significant experience in a commercially focused procurement role managing a variety of spend categories to deliver “best in class” initiatives.
- Experience of leading teams through transitional change
- Demonstrable ability to undertake complex tasks such as data analysis, executive report writing and strategy creation for suppliers
- Experience of working for a commercial organisation within a supply chain function delivering category strategies and associated benefits
- Proven delivery of category management
- Negotiation strategy delivery and associated benefits
- Computer literate, with specific understanding of Microsoft Office software.
This is a fast-paced role with demanding investors and stakeholders. You will need to evidence how you have managed tough stakeholder groups in the past ideally in a multi-site or group environment.
How to apply:
To discuss the Senior Procurement Manager in more depth please contact Hayley Packham at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 7780 043157. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.