A multiple award winning, privately owned construction organisation in East Hampshire is seeking to appoint a Group Procurement Manager. With ambitious growth plans for the future and a company who is known in the industry to be the fastest growing in their field employing some 600 people, Procurement is high on the agenda and the appointment of this individual has come at a critical time in their growth.
Reporting to the Group Commercial Construction Director, the Group Procurement Manager will take the lead role in ensuring that they secure the best price and quality for the products and services it purchases. Based at a stunning Head Office location, you will responsible for supporting the whole group which encompasses four main regions and three Category Managers.
Direct spend has been a priority for some time ensuring the quality of products are selected and delivered in a timely and accurate manner. Indirect spend has not been focused on centrally and this therefore presents an opportunity for this person to work with the respective departments and rationalise the supplier base further.
Key areas of responsibilities include:
- Setting the Group Procurement Strategy across Direct and Indirect spend with indirect spend presenting a greenfield challenge for the new incumbent
- Managing three Category Managers across regional locations
- Negotiating, agreeing and managing the portfolio of National Agreements, rebates and subcontract agreements.
- Establishing performance led, long term supplier relationships focusing on value for money, service and product quality as well as continuous improvement to drive competitive edge.
- Supporting operational requirements, sourcing new channels of supply, tendering, evaluation and selection of suppliers, negotiating group agreements and managing the supply base efficiently and effectively.
- Acting as the primary contact for Group Agreed Suppliers and Subcontractors, developing supply options and contingency plans that support the Group plans.
- Building relationships both internally and externally with key stakeholders and suppliers
- Proven Procurement experience gained within construction (Private and Public Sector)
- Experience of working on national agreements and be familiar with sub-contracting and rebate agreements
- Strong negotiator
- Able to build highly effective relationships both internally and externally
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a well-known brand with a fantastic culture, working environment and ethical practices. To find out more, please apply with a CV to email@example.com or call me on 01962 869838find out more,