A leading Defence Technology organisation in Hampshire is embarking on its next phase of recruitment due to growth.
The Procurement team is best in class and at the heart of every decision. As such, the organisation recognises the importance of sustainable procurement practices and is wanting to embed its first ever Global Sustainable Procurement Lead to help them on its journey.
Reporting to the Head of Supply Chain development, you will lead both the strategic design as well as the implementation of a Global strategy to promote sustainable procurement across the Group. This is a self-delivery role with no direct reports but you will have a level of leadership through a matrix structure. Your strategy will focus on the three key pillars of:
- Economy (development of local supply chains, area regeneration & regional prosperity
- Environment (emissions, energy & waste reductions)
- Society (prevention of modern slavery and promotion of supply chain diversity & inclusion)
This is a global role that requires a centralised strategy taking into account various cultural and political variances towards sustainability.
The other face to the role explores the industrial engagement strategy and how you and the business communicate internally across the group as well as with suppliers and customers, supporting them with their procurement challenges.
As Global Sustainable Procurement Lead your key responsibilities will be:
- Lead and develop strong relationships with senior global leaders and key decision-makers in order to influence Procurement, Programme, Business and Functional strategies.
- Proactively maintain and develop subject matter expertise and awareness of the restrictions, controls and accreditations that are placed upon the organisation and suppliers working in a Defence environment, ensuring at all times that both strategies and the incumbent supplier base do not jeopardise or threaten internal compliance.
- Lead by example in compliance with process, governance and controls as agreed in the Procurement Code of Practice and Sourcing methodology.
- Whilst taking the lead, collaboratively develop plans with key senior stakeholders to ensure alignment of targets, improve supplier performance, and implement continuous improvement plans.
- Collaborate with adjacent Leads globally to develop and enhance systems, process, and best practice sharing to help achieve best in class performance, and bring consistency to sourcing activities.
- Develop robust workload planning tools and trackers that shape priorities and track actual against planned progress.
Skills and experience:
It is likely that you will be CIPS qualified and can demonstrate recent sustainable procurement experience in one or all of the key pillars of economy, environment and social.
- Degree in a Business or Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience in developing procurement strategies and realisation of strategy benefits.
- Demonstrated transformational or change experience.
- Proven experience in direct or indirect procurement.
- Demonstrated written and verbal leadership skills.
- Business fluency in German and/or French (desirable) due to the priority companies that this organisation operate in (Germany, Belgium, Canada, US, Australia)
Benefits of the Global Sustainable Procurement Lead include:
Attractive remuneration package to be discussed upon application.
How to apply:
To discuss the Global Sustainable Procurement role in more depth please contact Hayley Packham at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 7780 043157 | Enquiries are all handled confidentially.