Procurement Heads is working on a retained mandate for a Global Sourcing Manager with a global manufacturing organisation. (Swansea)
The Global Sourcing Manager will lead the procurement efforts for packaging, plastics, and mechanical components on a global scale with responsibility for developing and implementing strategic sourcing initiatives, negotiating contracts, and optimizing the supply chain for efficiency and cost-effectiveness
Global Sourcing Strategy:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive global sourcing strategy for packaging, plastics, and mechanical components.
- Identify and evaluate potential suppliers, ensuring a robust and diversified supply chain.
- Develop and execute commodity strategies for our key components, in line with business strategy
- New Product Development
- Identify, evaluate and select the optimal supplier base to support on-time, on-cost and quality input to our new products
- Cooperate with suppliers and the R&D team to make use of supplier expertise early in the development process
Supplier Base Management:
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with key suppliers.
- Negotiate contracts and terms and conditions to achieve favourable agreements in terms of quality, cost, and delivery
- Drive continuous improvement by optimizing supplier performance; and proactively making use of the company’s supplier rating system
- Implement cost-effective measures to optimise the procurement process without compromising product quality.
- Conduct regular cost analysis and identify opportunities for cost reduction.
- Identify and drive cost-improvement projects across the value chain
- Collaborate with suppliers and the quality department to establish and maintain high-quality standards.
- Implement quality control measures and conduct regular supplier audits.
Supply Chain Efficiency:
- Streamline and enhance the efficiency of the supply chain; cooperating with our procurement department to ensure the timely delivery of materials
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to align sourcing strategies with production requirements
- Stay informed about market trends, industry developments, and regulatory changes related to packaging, plastics, and mechanical components.
Skills & Experience
- Substantial proven experience of at least 8-10 years in global sourcing and purchasing, specifically in the areas of packaging, plastics and mechanical components.
- Proven strong negotiation and contract management skills
- Knowledge of processing methods, tooling requirements and costings
- In-depth knowledge of international trade regulations and logistics
- Proven track record of having delivered cost-down strategies
- Experience with ERP systems and procurement software
- Proven track record in managing a global supplier base, preferably in electronics and/or medical appliances
Salary & Benefits
- £65,000 per annum
- Personal Targeted Bonus
- Pension, H/C and flexible benefits
Looking for similar roles? Find them here