As a result, it is looking to strengthen the team with the appointment of a Global Procurement Category Manager to support the plastic packaging category with a strong emphasis on sustainability.
Reporting to the Head of Global Procurement for Packaging, you will be responsible for a spend profile of c£85m across 60 suppliers globally. This role focuses largely on the UK/US/Europe and EMEA regions predominantly.
80% of the spend sits across UK and Turkey with emerging markets in Saudi Arabia, North America and Egypt.
This is a full end-to-end category management role right through to contract management and SRM.
You won’t have direct reports but you will have access to regional buyers across the countries.
Both paper and plastic packaging are used for the products and this role focuses purely on the plastic packaging.
Packaging is one of the most important commodities for the company and a long term strategy incorporating sustainable packaging is paramount to the success of this role.
The company is committed to making 100% of the plastic packaging reusable, recyclable or compostable by 2030.
You will need to be able to adopt extensive market research in this category and take into account all relevant insights (ie plastic tax in certain countries, adoption of more sustainable materials etc) in order to devise a future proof category strategy.
There are plenty of opportunities to move around the function.
With 21 heads globally and a structure that facilitates sideways moves to other categories, global roles and upwards moves.
This is by no means a defined and established function and has only been formed some six years ago.
You will therefore need to be agile and flexible to the changing needs and demands of a business not always underpinned by a set process.
SAP ERP is used in UK & Turkey.
The role of the regional Buyers is to provide the data and analysis to assist with projects and inform decision making.
To be successful, you will need to be able to evidence:
- Commodities/materials background. Ideally in plastics or packaging but not a pre-requisite
- Global Category experience – doesn’t have to be gained in FMCG environment
- Must have an appreciation and working knowledge of different regions and cultures outside of the UK with Middle East/North America and Eastern Europe being a plus
- Strong negotiation skills with existing and new suppliers
- Esourcing/tendering via digital platforms an advantage
- SRM/Supplier development
The package on offer includes:
- £80-85,000 base
- £7k car allowance
- 15% bonus
- West London based 2 days per week with parking
- Single cover medical insurance
- Stakeholder Pension | Minimum Contributions – EE 3%, ER 6% | Maximum Contributions – EE 6%, ER 9%
- Life Insurance; 4 x Life insurance cover (subject to Pension Scheme membership**)
- 25 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays
Please do get in touch if you have global category management experience in a commodity based role and are looking for a new challenge that will help make a difference given its Sustainability focus.