As head of category management, you will be part of the wider Procurement Leadership team, overseeing over a £100 million across this wide category area.
A globally recognised FTSE 250 organisation with an innovative, highly collaborative culture and world class reputation are seeking a Procurement Professional to lead the Corporate Services category area including HR, Professional Services, Travel and Events to name a few on a global scale with strong interface with the 4 key business areas.
As head of category management, you will be part of the wider Procurement Leadership team, overseeing over a £100 million across this wide category area. You will have extensive experience in delivering commercial benefits with improved value under budgetary constraints whilst working within a complex, ever changing and fast-moving environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish & develop supplier strategies and relationships
- Manage across all Corporate Services spend globally
- Develop strategic negotiation plans to meet the needs of the business.
- Identify business opportunities that might lead to a change in the existing business models.
- Delivering a new Recruitment Category Model and rolling this out across the organisation
- Interface with suppliers and internal cross-functional teams to ensure flawless execution and support of business goals and objectives.
- Develop appropriate Supplier Performance Review metrics and lead Strategic Business Reviews in conjunction with the business to deliver continuous improvements.
- Ensure all Procurement management tools are kept up to date and reported on at each quarterly review meeting.
- Degree and / or MBA preferred
- CIPS qualified of equivalent desired but not essential
- Solid HR and/ or Professional Services category management expertise
- Experience of working within business teams and enhancing strong, internal relationships
- Understanding of how to construct, organise and project manage, cross-functional teams
- Have experience managing Recruitment and Consultancy Services spend is desirable
- Experience of driving supplier relationship management via Supplier Performance Reviews with internal business groups
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to persuade and influence
- Strong analytical capabilities and excellent negotiation skills
- High level of personal and professional integrity and strong work ethics
In return you will have an opportunity to develop your career with an iconic retail business alongside some of the most experienced and inspirational talent in the market. The company also offer great learning and development opportunities and a highly attractive bonus scheme. The location can be very flexible with key sites in Hampshire and London but location is dictated by the business needs, so you can really be based anywhere in the UK as long as you are happy to travel.