A globally recognised FTSE 250 organisation with an innovative, highly collaborative culture and world class reputation are seeking a Procurement Professional to lead the IT Infrastructure category on a global scale.
As head of category management, you will be part of the wider Procurement Leadership team, overseeing over a multi-million-pound category area working closely with the 5 core business areas to ensure an efficient and commercially driven team. You will have extensive experience across the IT Infrastructure category, ideally on a global level.
This organisation are looking for a strong technical operator in IT Procurement, who has a passion for Technology Procurement and strives to work on a global scale. This role will see you working with some challenging and very diverse stakeholders so the ability to flex your communication style to difference audiences is key.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementing and delivering category sourcing plans for the business across IT Infrastructure and Technology on a global level
- Accountable for building and maintaining collaborative relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Working in dynamic and impressive offices with the opportunity for flexible working
- Being the subject matter expert for IT Procurement and regularly review the business wide strategies as part of the wider Procurement Exec Team.
- Degree and/or MBA preferred
- CIPS qualified of equivalent (desired but not essential)
- Strong IT category management experience on an international scale
- Experience of working within business teams and enhancing strong, internal relationships
- Understanding of how to construct, organise and project manage, cross-functional teams
- Experience of driving supplier relationship management via Supplier Performance Reviews with internal business groups
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to persuade and influence
- Strong analytical capabilities and excellent negotiation skills
- High level of personal and professional integrity and strong work ethics
In return you will have an opportunity to develop your career with a well-established FTSE 250 Organisation who continue to invest heavily in Procurement. The company also offer great learning and development opportunities and a highly attractive bonus scheme. The location can be very flexible with key sites in Hampshire and London but location is dictated by the business needs, so you can really be based anywhere in the UK as long as you are happy to travel.