A leading US Publicly Listed Pharmaceutical company whose innovative products contribute to the saving of lives is recruiting a Global Divisional Category Manager (Directs) to work across raw materials spend to the value of £150m. This is a highly acquisitive business with multiple sites, divisions and a matrix stakeholder population.
As Global Divisional Category Manager (Directs) your key responsibilities will be:
- Create a Category roadmap outlining the key Category strategy for the next 3-5 years
- Ensure there is a robust risk management programme to mitigate risks associated with the supply base and/or materials
- Develop a pipeline of Sourcing opportunities for all categories in the division
- Lead major divisional sourcing initiatives and support sourcing activities within the global teams
- Conduct supplier business reviews with key suppliers to ensure terms of agreement are met with regards to performance and quality and continuous improvement goals
- Build solid relationships with the stakeholder population, understanding their needs and providing solutions to meet those needs
- Balance the need for cost savings at group level versus risk management requirements at the divisional level
Skills and experience required:
- Experience in Project management
- Experience in a continuous improvement environment with a track record of achieving significant savings year on year
- Understand how to assess market/business dynamics and negotiate agreements that yield meaningful business value
- Possess solid leadership and stakeholder influencing skills with the ability to lead cross-functional project teams
- Minimum of 3 years procurement/sourcing experience in multi-national companies
- Minimum of 3 years working in a category management role
- Demonstrate a consultative/collaborative style in performing sourcing activities
You will be able to demonstrate a proven track record of implementing category strategies at a global level and are used to working in a multi-site environment.
You are likely to be working in a large manufacturing or pharmaceutical organisation, procuring direct materials with a spend profile in excess of £100m.
This role will be demanding and challenging both in terms of the matrix stakeholder engagement model and given the nature of the items you are purchasing which are very niche in nature. Your category management strategy should be focused on the product itself and producing a 3-5 yr roadmap to support its lifecycle moreover than focusing on the suppliers.
This is a standalone role with expected travel of up to 25% per annum, most of which is UK based.
With revenues in the billions and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, it’s an exciting time to join a fast-paced, dynamic organisation.
Benefits of the Global Divisional Category Manager (Directs) role include:
- Competitive salary
- 5% bonus
To discuss the Global Divisional Category Manager (Directs) role in more depth please contact Hayley Packham at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7780 043157 | +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.