Procurement Heads' Industrial team is working with a global FTSE 100 electrical engineering organisation in the search for a Global Category Manager.
The Global Category Manager will be responsible for the full category strategy across a specific set of components.
The company is putting measures in place for an aggressive growth strategy and as such is looking to increase its procurement capability globally.
The procurement division is based in the UK with the organisation headquartered in London.
Although this role is remote there will be a necessity to visit suppliers globally on a quarterly basis.
The Global Category Manager will be responsible for the full category strategy across a specific set of components and for creating and developing the supply chain to deliver NPI throughout the next 3-5 years.
Due to the growth, there will also be ample opportunity to grow within the role and create opportunities for personal advancement.
As Global Category Manager your key responsibilities will be to:
- Develop, lead and communicate strategies for assigned categories. Gain approval of category strategies through regular meetings and communication with key stakeholders across the business
- Create a supplier reduction roadmap and ensure this is successfully implemented for assigned categories
- Develop and deploy cost reduction/profit improvement plans with suppliers that achieve/exceed the annual cost improvement target
- Drive working capital improvement through extending supplier payment terms and supporting the operation
- Develop and maintain strong supplier relationships through utilising a consistent and robust supplier relationship management process
- Implement robust supplier contracts to reduce risk and drive the required level of supplier performance from the assigned categories
- Lead and support make vs buy activities
Qualifications and experience:
- Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply Chain (CIPS) level 5 minimum.
- A courageous leader with a willingness to learn, a business-minded ‘doer’ with knowledge of the UK, European and US markets who puts the consumer experience at the heart of activities and decisions.
- Innovative, entrepreneurial, focused and decisive with the ability to take risks where needed.
- You must feel comfortable in making creative connections, experimenting continuously and pushing boundaries to drive change.
- An ability to navigate a matrix organisation, influence multiple stakeholders and build strong relationships internally/externally to drive action.
- Analytical with the ability to analyse data and uncover insights to enable the right business decisions.
- As required, transatlantic travel to the USA.
Benefits of the Global Category Manager role include:
- 20% bonus
- Pension additional
- Flexible benefits
- Remote contract