An industry leading global manufacturer is recruiting a new Global Category Manager (Directs) to join its team.
The organisation spends more than €100m annually and operates out of eight specialised development and manufacturing facilities across the UK, Germany, Sweden and the USA.
It is continually growing and has averaged three acquisitions per year.
Operations across these sites are siloed and procurement has typically been transactional and reactive in its approach.
Reporting to the Group Operations Director the Global Category Manager will work across the eight sites transforming procurement from largely tactical to a strategic function.
You will predominately be looking after three main category areas: electrical testing (£12m), wires and cables (£8-9m) and metal fabrications (£1-2m).
However, you are not confined to these category areas and this project can be as big as you make it, with ample opportunity for cost savings and continuous improvement.
This role has buy-in at all levels within the organisation and site managers understand that support and advice on how best to approach the market is needed. Being privately owned this is a fast-moving company where changes can be actioned quickly and efficiently.
As Global Category Manager you will be responsible for:
- Strategic lead for the major procurement categories across the Group
- Develop a supply chain strategy to bring together the purchasing power of all our sites.
- Provide insight and solutions to the business through market analysis, vendor identification and selection, vendor development, and vendor performance measurement.
- Ensure best-in-class delivery in the specific category to support projects and realise year-on-year productivity improvements, cost savings, and process improvements
- Work collaboratively with the stakeholders in the business to understand the key decision criteria for each category and incorporate them into the strategy.
This Global Category Manager role will suit someone who is agile and able to pick up new categories as the business requires it. It is more about how you define and run an end-to-end category strategy that is important.
The role will suit someone from an engineering or technology-led organisation. It won’t be suitable for those in environments laden with compliance unless the individual can demonstrate their agility to explore new ways of working.
As Global Category Manager you will receive:
- Salary of up to £70,000
- A 10% bonus scheme
- Health and wellbeing package
- Life assurance
- Remote working