A leading insurance organisation is in the middle of a huge efficiency program and is recruiting a Generalist Category Manager to be the subject matter guide through this transformation.
This is an opportunity to take on a Generalist Category Manager role that will give you great exposure to multiple indirect categories; looking after a large spend you will be constantly engaging with both internal and external stakeholders.
Due to the nature of the industry, this is an opportunity to further your career while helping others.
Does the Generalist Category Manager role sound like something you would be interested in?
As Generalist Category Manager your key responsibilities will be:
- Work with the internal stakeholders to gather, assess and challenge business requirements
- Coordinate the delivery of the process/initiative, leading to the establishment of best in class, policy, process, or service
- Build the category strategy when it is not supported by a Global Category Manager and deliver this solution
- Implement local cost optimisation plan
- Challenge stakeholders in a manner appropriate to preserve relationships while achieving the right overall commercial result
- Manage the delivery of Procurement process, policy, and procedures (e.g. RFP, RFI, etc)
To work for this leading insurance brand you will require the following experience:
- Experience of negotiating and managing contracts to deliver savings
- Be able to demonstrate previous experience in successfully delivering in a customer-focused business, resulting in high levels of customer satisfaction
- Experience of building and managing effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
In applications we will be looking for:
- Educated up to A-level (Degree preferable)
- CIPS Professional Procurement qualification
- 3-5 years worth of Procurement experience
- Experience in a minimum of 3 Indirect Categories
Benefits of the role include:
- 10% Bonus
- Private health
To discuss the Generalist Category Manager role in more depth please get in contact with Joe Sewell at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 7824 045 203 | +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.