A PE-backed group of companies with a combined turnover of c£150m that supplies medical devices and equipment to public and private healthcare organisations is looking to recruit a Fleet & Procurement Manager to support the Group Procurement Function set up a year ago when the company was taken over by PE.
Reporting to the Indirect Procurement Manager and overseeing a Procurement Admin Assistant, the Fleet & Procurement Manager will be responsible for supply, monitoring and developing the effectiveness of all fleet operations within the group consisting of circa 450 Light Commercial Vehicles and a spend of £2-3m (£1m of which is on fuel).
It is imperative you have experience with this type of vehicle rather than car fleet.
You will be well versed in Fleet first and foremost but must also have an understanding of Procurement best practice and approach with this Category of spend.
The main purpose of the role is three-fold:
- Supplier Management: manage the ongoing relationship with the Fleet Management Company and the other strategic partners to get the best value out of the contracts
- The governance, process and administration that underpins this category: processes are not clear and well documented at present. This Category needs a complete overhaul in terms of governance, risk and compliance.
- Future identification needs and ownership of the strategic direction of the group on vehicle selection to meet ongoing requirements and Sustainability targets
As Fleet & Procurement Manager, you will be expected to carry out the following:
- Ensure that fleet related costs fall within budget.
- Monitor vehicle SMR costs and investigate when above expected threshold.
- To collate monthly management information from suppliers and internally to provide the Group Procurement Director with a monthly analysis dashboard for Board review. Specifically, in areas such as SMR Cost, driver & service centre compliance, Accidents (repeat offenders), vehicle downtime etc.
- Build league tables of service centres/regions by performance
- Ensure robust escalation processes are in place for the management of penalty notices and endorsements
- The maintenance of the vehicles, including the inspection of vehicles at the appropriate time
- To ensure a system is in place for the reporting and recording of vehicle defects to include action taken to remedy defects found
- Management of fleet suppliers to ensure compilation and the accuracy of all SMR records and access to said via online portal tools
- Complete monthly Fleet KPI’s by agreed deadline and monitor performance.
- Meet a duty of care to ensure the fleet meets all H&S standards and policies are adhered to in accordance with the companies Values, Standards and ways of working
- Lead the integration of all allocated fleet activities into one “Common Procurement Philosophy”.
- Develop value adding relationships with suppliers and cross-functional departments.
- Work with the Finance function to complete the annual review of insurance requirements to ensure the fleet is adequately insured
- Manage supplier invoice query resolution and implement long term resolutions with suppliers and internal functions to reduce the failure level to agreed levels
- Analyse future vehicle requirements, service centre needs, pipeline supply, and ensure strategies are delivered on time and in full ready for deployment
- Ensure appropriate Contracts, KPIs and SLAs are negotiated and in place with key suppliers.
- Manage the chosen vehicle manufacturer, the fleet management company and other key partners as required
- In conjunction with the Group Procurement Director continually evaluate the future strategy to meet the evolving needs of the group
- Ensure that the team continually review products and services, identifying those which improve efficiency generating value for the Group
- In conjunction with the team, identify and recommend suppliers who will actively seek to innovate and add value to the Group going forward and develop these relationships
- Develop management reporting to facilitate strategic decision-making by the Group Procurement Director and measure the performance of procurement against targets,
Skills and experience:
Minimum 5 years’ experience in a commercially focused role managing spend to deliver “best in class” initiatives.
- Experience of leading teams through transitional change
- Demonstrable ability to undertake complex tasks such as data analysis, executive report writing and strategy creation for suppliers
- Experience of negotiation and management of major commercial vehicle manufacturers is essential
- Proven knowledge of operating commercial fleet operations
- Negotiation strategy delivery and associated benefits
- Computer literate, with specific understanding of Microsoft Office software.
This is a fast-paced role with demanding investors and stakeholders. You will need to evidence how you have managed tough stakeholder groups in the past ideally in a multi-site or group environment.
Benefits of the Fleet & Procurement Manager role:
- 25 days holiday
- £7,596 car allowance
- Life Assurance 4 x basic
- Flexible working
How to apply:
To discuss the Fleet & Procurement Manager in more depth please contact Hayley Packham at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 7780 043157. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.