A private equity backed aparthotel company which has huge expansion plans on its agenda is recruiting a new European Procurement Specialist.
The company have a shore footing with 80,000 apartments across the UK, Ireland, France and Netherlands. With sites confirmed in Spain and Germany, they plan to have a strong foothold in the European market and within 5 years have ambitions to be as big as the likes of ‘booking.com’.
As European Procurement Specialist you will take on exciting procurement strategies for key sourcing categories across the entirety of the company European division.
You will be the main intermediate between Senior Stakeholders, the European customer base and the supply market, ensuring all properties are fit for purpose depending on their location.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone that has had experience in European divisions and/or can speak a second language.
If you are looking to take on real ownership of your desk, operate across a multitude of categories and work in a heavily strategically focused role – then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
As European Procurement Specialist you will be responsible for:
- Working closely with the Senior Procurement Manager and the Operations team to ensure optimum strategies and delivery to all European locations to ensure the best quality, value for money and optimal service.
- Identify and negotiate best in class / market-leading commercial terms with local suppliers when required based on the best quality, service and price for the current business size and future pipeline.
- Monitor suppliers’ performance to ensure commercial terms are in line to maximise cash flow and support revenue generation.
- Develop positive relationships with key stakeholders across the business to nurture efficient category sourcing strategies to suit individual department needs.
- Always seek out opportunities to bring in innovation or deliver broadly defined value to the company (commercial value, improved efficiency, sustainability initiatives, social value etc.)
Skills and Experience required for this position:
- Fluent in one or more of these languages: French, German, Portuguese, Swiss, Dutch, Spanish, Italian. Failing that experience in European procurement divisions.
- Bringing an organised approach, showing attention to detail and an ability to work well within tight timelines.
- Fast-paced, autonomous, ambitious and eager to grow within the role as the company expands.
- Confident manner with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, having the gravitas to influence stakeholders at all levels.