Join the company and help to define the future of global maritime defence capabilities.
With approximately 3,500 employees based at five UK locations and revenue of £600million, they pride themselves on employing the best professionals around and offer significant opportunities for committed employees to learn and grow with them.
Their people are encouraged to be as creative as they can be and are always looking at ways to develop and challenge the way they do things, identifying and prioritising continuous improvement activities across the business.
From their headquarters in Portsmouth, they are proud to support the Royal Navy in global operations.
As an Equipment Management – Supply Chain Principal, you will be managing a series of equipment contracts for the MOD customer, which provide support to a range of equipment installed across the UK Royal Navy (RN) warships and submarines.
This role will provide you with the opportunity of working on one of the largest and newest areas of warship support which is rapidly expanding with development offering further opportunities in the equipment management business area and within the wider supply chain community. The role is a key component in ensuring that equipment management continues to be an exciting growth area within warship support.
As Equipment Management – Supply Chain Principal your key responsibilities will be:
- Preparing the procurement and supply chain strategies, and plans for materials and services.
- Pro-actively supporting and delivering effective supplier management and customer service delivery.
- Managing, supporting, and preparing outputs of deliverables and select suppliers in line with the departmental procedures and customer requirements.
- Managing, supporting, and negotiating all commercial, financial, and schedule elements of the subcontracts/project and any authorised changes in line with departmental procedures and customer requirements.
- Identifying and implementing business improvements resulting in cost saving opportunities
- Acting as the primary point of contact with assigned suppliers and customers, both internally and externally.
Skills and experience:
- Experience of procurement / supply chain department.
- Demonstrable track record in customer/supplier engagement.
- Commercial and contractual acumen.
- Working understanding of tool sets and IT.
- Management of cost drivers in the value chain and the principles of Total Cost of Ownership.
- Risk & opportunity management.
- Management of change programs.
- Defence sector experience would be advantageous.
Benefits of the Equipment Management – Supply Chain Principal role include:
- Competitive pension scheme.
- Enhanced annual leave allowance.
- Company contributed Share Incentive Plan.
- Flexible working.
- Many local and national discounts.
How to apply:
To discuss the Equipment Management – Supply Chain Principal role in more depth please contact Grace Turner at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 7747 272 285 | +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.