As a specialist in appointing Procurement Leadership roles internationally, we are delighted to be partnering with this innovative and progressive Pharmaceutical & Consumer Healthcare organisation.
With a strategic procurement organisation transformation underway, the opportunity exists for an experienced, innovative, agile and technically competent international Marketing Procurement Category Leader to join and be part of a genuine strategic change programme.
This Procurement category leadership opportunity is an integral part of the Transformation agenda – especially as the investment and strategy around the product portfolio and international brands is strategically pivotal to the CPO’s agenda.
The ability to engage, motivate and drive change across a disparate, complex stakeholder community is vital to the success of this position.
As Director – Marketing Category your key responsibilities will be:
- Strategic Planning – development of long term, sustainable strategic category plans for the entire spend within a business unit, region or globally. Ensure alignment between global category team strategy and local Country teams
- Relationship management – ensure that category strategies are highly aligned to current and future business needs and the supply base is capable of supporting these strategies
- Oversee implementation of the Category plans – ensure that the underpinning process improvement and procurement activities deliver the expected business value in accordance with the strategic plans, global processes, systems and governance
- Engage with key business stakeholders across the company to gain approval and support for the Category plan, including annual budget cycles and devolved procurement savings targets that need to be embedded in Country P&L’s
- Provide the highest level of Procurement expertise to category team – establish robust supplier management principles and ensure category team follows them. Resolve quality problems with suppliers and user departments and develop measurements for improvement and target setting
- Track performance and reporting across the category using the assigned systems and processes
Skills and experience:
- We are looking for an experienced Sourcing and Procurement leader who is able to navigate ambiguity, set clear direction and deliver to challenging timescales/objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced tertiary qualifications preferably in business administration, commerce, engineering, supply chain and procurement would be advantageous.
- Fluent in English and German (other European languages would be an advantage)
- Extensive experience in leading a purchasing department in either the pharmaceutical industry, or listed Categories is preferred. The individual must be able to show deep domain knowledge of the Category and a track record of delivering value across large, de-centralised organisational enterprises.
- Stakeholder Engagement, Supplier Collaboration, Team Leadership, Coaching and Mentoring are all essential attributes. In addition, a track record of driving change with pace, agility and adaptability to a changing environment.
Benefits of the Director – Marketing Category role include:
- c€130k base salary
- Car allowance
- Performance-based bonus and extensive benefits package.
How to apply:
Enquiries are all handled confidentially.