Reading’s largest utility business is looking for a Digital Sourcing Manager to join them as they go through a period of transformation and growth.
The Digital Sourcing Manager will look after a range of sourcing projects focusing solely on the £30m digital IT spend. You will be responsible for creating and implementing category strategies, as well as project managing, prioritising and ultimately consistently delivering on time and with best value outcomes.
As Digital Sourcing Manager your key responsibilities will be:
- Leading strategy development for specific complex projects
- Creation of compelling and innovative sourcing strategies for complex areas which challenge current ways of working
- Leading a multi-disciplinary team through the procurement process with full customer engagement
- Demonstrating that sustainability, innovation and risk management, collaboration, health, and safety & well-being are effectively considered and managed through each initiative
- Ensuring that sourcing projects are delivered on time, achieving optimum risk allocation, the best value, and fulfilling customers’ expectations
- Ensuring that audit trails, document and information systems and all supplier information exchanges are effective, with robust confidentiality and traceability, in line with the Procurement Regulations
- Demonstrate leadership within the Commercial Team by always striving for the highest standards of professionalism, high energy, commitment, and best practice. Contribute to the delivery of your team’s targets by maintaining a fast pace in all sourcing projects, and challenging others to do the same.
- Applying a creative and agile approach to negotiation to deliver outcome (not cost) focused solutions
- Independently leading challenging negotiations to a successful conclusion
To work for this exciting growing utility organisation, you will require the following experience:
- 5+ years of strategic sourcing in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Experience in enabling effective decision making
- Some experience in developing and implementing category strategies
- Used to working in benefit-driven organisations and track record of meeting benefits targets
- Evidence of good communication skills and customer service ethic
- Experience in managing multi £m business transformational project
In applications we will be looking for:
- Dynamic procurement professionals with a minimum of 5 years’ worth of experience
- Degree educated
- Studying towards MCIPS
How to apply:
To discuss the Digital Sourcing Manager role in more depth please contact Joe Sewell at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 7824 045 203 | +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.