A leading information services company is looking to recruit a Corporate Procurement Specialist. This company offers solutions to over 30 countries.
A leading information services company is looking to recruit a Corporate Procurement Specialist.
This company offers commercial solutions to over 30 countries. This role has arisen due to a new procurement strategy and expected growth within the procurement team.
Reporting to the Procurement Manager for Corporate and Commercial you will work alongside two colleagues focusing on the commercial procurement strategy and you will be responsible for the corporate procurement strategy.
You will undertake end to end supply chain activity to support the delivery of business and category objectives and effectively manage and report on delivery and performance for nominated supplier contracts.
There will additionally be some mentoring of a junior team member.
Key spend categories will be:
- Travel and Fleet
As Corporate Procurement Specialist your key responsibilities will be:
- Implement and regularly review global, business-wide supply chain category and commodity strategies
- Identify and proactively address opportunities to deliver demonstrable value improvement and breakthrough performance in cost, service and quality, across spend in remit.
- Undertake effective supplier onboarding and ensure that supplier capability and resilience are continuously reviewed, and that appropriate due diligence is undertaken, maintained and monitored.
- Develop, implement and manage contractual relationships with suppliers, ensuring that appropriate and auditable standards, controls and governance frameworks are in place and continually maintained. Ensure all contracts are legally & ethically compliant.
- Ensure effective measurement, management and development of supplier performance to ensure contractual and project targets and objectives in terms of cost, delivery, quality and service, are met.
- Conduct analysis to identify opportunities to enhance category, supplier and supply chain performance.
- Build and develop strong, collaborative internal and external relationships up to and including Executive level, to provide support and guidance, ensure business requirements are understood, managed and fulfilled and optimise category performance.
- Lead on Project and/or bid specific supply chain activity aligned to category strategies.
- Lead or actively support supply chain projects and initiatives.
Qualifications and experience:
- Qualified to Degree/MBA level with a membership of a relevant professional body (e.g. CIPS)
- A supply chain and procurement professional with extensive category and contract management experience.
- Knowledge of leading practice procurement processes and tools (such as cost trend analysis, price change analysis, supplier performance and relationship management, e-sourcing, e-Auctions).
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, including project management
Benefits of the Corporate Procurement Specialist role include:
- Up to £65k base salary
- Contributory Pension
- 28 days holiday
- Flex benefits
- Flexible working
- Hybrid working