With ambitious savings targets for 2018/19, as a Contracts Manager you will support the Category Manager and Senior leadership team to manage contracts, ensure delivery and re-negotiate where necessary to fulfil changing requirements.
This established and nationally recognised institution has undergone rapid change within the procurement team due to a £600 million investment and has invested heavily in expanding and restructuring the team.
The Contract Manager role would be an exciting proposition for a procurement professional looking for something a little different in their professional life. An opportunity to be a part of a fresh and newly formed team with ambitious targets and strategy to develop. Offering a generous contributory pension scheme + 30 days holiday + 6 days closure of Christmas and Easter + bank holidays. There is also a nursery, gym, swimming pool, holiday children’s clubs and parking onsite.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• To be responsible for the buying process under £25k for assigned categories of spend and manage a central buying team.
• Use knowledge of Public Procurement Regulations to drive compliance with legislation and deliver the strategy for purchasing.
• Undertake supplier relationship management for strategically important contracts through regular reviews with supplier account manager. It is expected that each Contract Manager will manage approx. 20-30 contracts with total value of £30-50 million.
• Deal with supplier performance issues ensuring SLA/KPIs are met by suppliers. Escalate serious performance matters to the senior contracts manager.
• Work with the wider procurement team to ensure appropriate measures are included in tender documents.
• Deliver on the value for money strategy by challenging behaviours, manage supplier relationships and engage with key stakeholders.
• Have a detailed understanding of contract management, a keen eye for detail and negotiating ability to manage suppliers and ensure they deliver on SLA’s.
• Graduate member (or working towards) of the chartered institute of Purchasing and Supply
• At least 3 years Procurement/Contracts Experience
• Competent with Electronic Purchasing and Tendering experience