This leading designer and manufacturer of cutting-edge equipment that exports its products globally has an opening for a newly created role of Commodity Manager to be based in Hampshire. The company are introducing key new products at pace and this role is critical to the success of these new product introductions in what is a very competitive market.
Reporting to the Head of Procurement, you will be accountable for the procurement of goods and/or services in the specific commodities assigned (optics, electronics (PCBA) and mechanics but this may change over time).
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Establish effective commodity strategies that align to corporate and operational objectives
- Develop and negotiate supply agreements with key suppliers and then monitor adherence
- Manage RFQ’s / tenders and develop objective supplier selection methods
- Negotiate costs and identify and continuously deliver cost reduction programmes
- Support new product development and introduction
- Effectively manage key supplier relationships (SRM)
- Improve supplier performance (KPI’s)
- Identify and manage supply chain risk
- Provide commercial leadership and staff training where appropriate
- Support the Head of Procurement in developing effective processes and tools to support the ambitions and vision as it grows during the coming years
- Procurement professional with 5-10 years commercial experience in a strategic commodity / category management setting
- Experience of optics, electronics and/or mechanics would be preferred but is not essential
- Experience of working in the technology sector and a complex manufacturing environment across multiple locations
- Excellent commercial / financial acumen with proven success of managing challenging supplier contract negotiations to tight timescales
- Demonstrable and consistent delivery of strategic cost reduction programmes
- Creation and execution of effective commodity strategies
- IT literate, strong knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
If you’ve got a background in electronics purchasing, procurement or commodity management we’d love to hear from you so please send your CV to Hayley Packham for a confidential chat or call 01962 869 838.