A Utilities company is recruiting a brand-new role within their Retail Business Unit.
As Commercial Contracts Lead:
The Commercial Contracts role is an exciting opportunity as it comes with complete autonomy and room for you to make your own mark. This company is at the forefront of energy supply and has a national presence. This greenfield opportunity is great for someone who likes a challenge especially when it comes to building relationships internally and with suppliers.
There is a key focus on contract management, having commercial acumen and an eye for detail. On the other hand there is also a need for relationship building in that understanding each department and stakeholder is important so that when reporting back to stakeholders, you can do so in a way that everyone will understand. If you like understanding and reporting the finite detail, problem solving, building relationships, guiding suppliers, understanding the needs of the business and delivering the best commercially astute contracts to support the business needs then this is a role for you! Travel along the south coast is involved.
- Develop and improve contracts tools
- Lead contractual discussions and clarifications
- Prepare, review and analyse Early Warnings and Compensation Events
- Review and validate monthly payment applications
- Stakeholder management
- Contract Management of large contracts subject to change
- Indirect Procurement knowledge
- Experience in a standalone position
- Experience drafting contracts with close attention to T’s and C’s
- Maintain the risk register of the contract(s)
- Excellent communication skills and a keen interest to meet and understand stakeholders in order to report back in a relevant and coherent way
- Good writing skills when condensing large amounts of information into presentation slides/bullet points
- A keen problem solver and being commercially minded when meeting business needs
In applicants, we will be looking for:
- A University Degree (preferable)
- Background in quantity surveying (preferred not essential)
- Extensive experience in contract management
- Proven record of stakeholder & supplier relationship management
- NEC3 Contract experience (preferred not essential)
This company offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a pension scheme, a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, and the opportunity to earn a bonus.
How to apply:
To discuss the Commercial Contracts Lead role in more depth please contact Chizoba Uzuegbunam at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call 07393 140 509 | +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.