A fantastic company in Dorset is recruiting an opportunity for someone who is looking to develop their career and learn more about the commercial part of procurement.
As Commercial Officer:
This company has had a steady growth in the last 10 years, acquiring a new site in 2009 and growing to a capacity of 500 people at present. They have remained extremely busy through the pandemic as their customer is the MOD. This means that you will work in supporting some of the most important and very intricate vessels in the UK. They are looking for someone who is keen to develop in their career so has 1-2 years direct procurement experience with some contract management knowledge and would like to learn more about the commercial part of procurement. Coming from a defence background is preferred but they are open to seeing candidates with a keen interest in maritime vessels and you will need some experience in contract management.
- Knowledge in contractual documentation
- Running through terms and conditions
- Drafting and reviewing contracts
- Taking a commercial view and challenging the status quo
- Liaising with Suppliers and the customer
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required:
- Experience of commercial management within the defence market in the UK and/or export markets.
- Able to draft and review a broad range of commercial agreements including terms and conditions of contract, including NDA’s
- Able to manage and close negotiations within established contracting frameworks and defined parameters.
- An understanding of the obligations, liabilities and commercial risks within a contract.
- A thorough understanding of different pricing mechanisms and the associated risks and benefits.
- An appreciation of contract law and compliance/regulatory frameworks.
- The ability to develop practical solutions to complex problems.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to analyse complex commercial issues.
- Capable of building constructive and positive relationships with a wide range of colleagues, stakeholders and customers.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation and with external customers both orally and in writing
- Highly motivated, a self-starter with initiative and capable of working with some supervision
- Capable of developing towards Commercial Manager role
- Develop winning bids whilst ensuring that commercial risks to the business are managed and mitigated.
- Managing contracts to ensure customer satisfaction whilst ensuring contractual compliance and reducing risk to the business.
- Ensuring that commercial and contractual issues facing the business are communicated and understood.
- Support the commercial input into bids and proposals in order to develop a suitable risks/reward balance and to ensure that a complete
- Support contract negotiations with customers and key partners on behalf of the business.
- Provide a contract management service to the business through the management of contracts to improve the financial position, manage
- Identify and report key obligations, liabilities and risks to the business.
- Develop long term relationships and effective communication with internal stakeholders and customers.
- Maintain contractual records, correspondence, and document key decisions.
- Support Commercial Managers and Head of Commercial as required.
- Focused on achieving objectives within required timescales
- Able to work flexibly and to tight deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Responsive and able to manage multiple demands
- Work as a trusted and capable team player
The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance).
How to apply:
To discuss the Commercial Officer role in more depth please contact Chizoba Uzuegbunam at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07393 140 509 | +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.