For more than a century, this organisation has been trusted to deliver engineering services across the UK and globally.
The Commercial Manager role sits within the marine division of one of the fastest-growing business units comprising three main pillars with a huge emphasis on technology.
This team has a new Supply Chain & Commercial Director and a new Head of Commercial is being recruited. You will form part of a team of 20 and will work across a range of UK and International design, manufacture and support programmes ensuring that the customer portfolio is always supported
This is a Business Unit that has an MD with a clear vision and strategy, supported by a brand new Supply Chain Director with a clear track record of delivery. The BU is undergoing a significant transformation as it seeks to grow the business and break into markets both domestically and internationally. Protecting Intellectual Property is key. Being able to broker the deal that protects or generates IP is central to the growth plans.
The successful individual will be working in a highly effective delivery team where the highest of standards will be expected from both a commercial and behavioural perspective.
The role offers a wide variety of development and personal growth opportunities. You will not be afraid of responsibility; you can challenge the norm/raise the bar, and you can work collaboratively with project teams, stakeholders and partners to achieve the best commercially position possible
The Commercial Manager role would suit somebody who is working in a large regulated environment and who is used to delivering against large scale, complex, long term programmes.
You will be based in Bristol but the expectation will be 1/2 days per week in the office when allowed with a fully remote set up to begin with. This is an opportunity that requires SC clearance and you therefore must be eligible for this in order to apply.
As Commercial Manager, you will be expected to demonstrate experience in the following areas:
- Provide contract management and governance support to project teams
- Undertake negotiations and pricing activities in support of organic or new growth opportunities
- Support growth aspirations by working as part of opportunity teams
- Work collaboratively with our customers and projects teams to support development
- Provide innovative and pragmatic commercial solutions in a dynamic environment
- Act as a commercial point of contact for all queries from the project team.
- Experience of working in a complex commercial environment on large, complex projects / programmes.
- Planned and handled the negotiation of significant high value contracts with a variety of major customers.
- A balance of public and commercial sector experience in a customer-facing role.
- Full project / programme life-cycle, with a particular emphasis on winning business.
Knowledge of ITAR and export regulations.
- Drive innovative approaches to our commercial positions, pricing, terms and conditions, and risk.
- Empower a team of commercial professionals embedded throughout the delivery streams in the business. To identify and implement excellence in the commercial discipline.
Skills and experience:
You will ideally hold or be working towards one of the following qualifications (MCIPS, IACCM, PGCCM) and be able to evidence at interview:
- Self-driven, well-organised and able to test, learn, adapt and transform.
- A strong negotiator who is culturally sympathetic. A great communicator.
Understands risk and actively employs a risk-based pragmatic approach.
- A great people manager who understands what it takes to lead, empower, manage and coach, who is able to have the difficult conversation.
- Adept at solving difficult questions simply and swiftly.
- Build positive inclusive relationships with the team, our people and our customers.
- Depth and breadth of understanding the key public and commercial contracting mechanisms.
- Able to demonstrate a grasp of the detail while mindful of the strategic.
NB: This is not a Procurement opportunity. Some procurement experience would help but is not essential to this position.
How to apply:
To discuss the Commercial Manager in more depth please contact Hayley Packham at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 7780 043157. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.