A Surrey-based business is seeking a Commercial Controller to extend and elevate the capability of its commercial team. Working for an iconic brand that pushes boundaries at every opportunity you will be encouraged to think outside the box and challenge the status quo.
As Commercial Controller you can expect a variety of challenges varying from risk management support to supplier negotiation, financial reporting and potentially business development.
As Commercial Controller your key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Reports to Commercial Manager and advises other cross-functional managers to initiative commercial workstreams.
- Looks for opportunities to grow the business, whether through partnerships or new initiatives and works to take advantage of those opportunities
- Negotiation lead for key supply chain contracts
- Ability to provide guidance in complex commercial and contractual relationships with a good understanding of legal contracts
- Manages cross-functional teams in contract negotiation, so that all understand the terms, particularly a contract’s risk elements
- Negotiates supplier risks and opportunities and makes recommendations based on a thorough analysis of all factors involved in a business situation
- Able to understand complex and abstract concepts (legal, technical and/or commercial) and being able to present the information in an informative and simplified manner; such that key decisions can be made quickly and objectively
- Develop detailed and intelligent commodity/category strategies that align with the organisation’s commercial and technology roadmaps as well as those of our key development partners.
Skills and experience required:
Commercial Controllers here often start as graduates or Buyers with such relevant skill sets. To be successful in this role you should have strong commercial acumen, stakeholder liaison skills and the ability to coordinate projects with attention to detail. Further skills you’ll need are as follows;
- Post-secondary education in Business Management or Related Field
- Working knowledge of SAP, able to use Excel in order to manage data files and deliver key data.
- Ability to prioritise
- strong numerical skills
- strong communication skills and the ability to negotiate
- Detail-Oriented Personal attributes
- Capability to influence within a dynamic organisation
- Able to demonstrate a methodical approach towards problem-solving
Benefits of the Commercial Controller role include:
- Private medical
- Life assurance
- Flexible benefits
To discuss the Commerical Controller role in more depth please contact Sophie Cook at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7387 103 143 | +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.