Reading’s largest Utility business is looking for a Commercial Business Partner to join them as they go through a period of transformation and growth.
The Commercial Business Partner will look after a range of complex projects working across a number of different teams and proactively engage with a range of senior stakeholders.
Building and driving sourcing strategies across multi-disciplines, you will be responsible for project managing, prioritising and ultimately consistently delivering on time and with best value outcomes.
You will be accountable for:
- Accountable for ensuring that procedures that guide and direct contract compliance and performance, mitigating legal and business risks are in place and are developed, implemented being adhered to.
- Responsible for driving superior performance; leading, managing and developing team members to reach full potential. This role is also responsible for actively seeking out innovation and best practise.
- Deputising for Head of Commercial Operations where required.
As Commercial Business Partner key responsibilities will be:
- Commercial Management – Identification of pipeline of strategic sourcing and contract management initiatives prioritised based on business needs for the specific business unit and resource availability.
- Contract Management – Implementation of contract management strategy within their portfolio. ensuring approach to supplier management drives maximum value and mitigates risks.
- Process and Compliance – Ensuring that at all times that EU procurement regulations, including Utility Contract Regulations and rules, are observed during strategic sourcing and contract management initiatives for their portfolio.
- Collaboration with other teams/stakeholder engagement – Act as valued strategic business partners to key business stakeholders by identifying their critical requirements and providing commercial services to meet and exceed their expectations.
- Continuous Improvement – Development of best practice across the Commercial lifecycle; ensuring our process documentation is regularly reviewed and updated.
- People Management – Leading, developing and maintaining a high performing team of contract management and strategic sourcing professionals, ensuring they achieve the maximum ROI from the team.
Skills and experience:
- We’re excited about meeting passionate and highly energised commercially-minded individuals seeking a new challenge.
- You will have worked in a large complex organisation, within a multi-stakeholder environment, accomplished considerable outputs and have the ability to drive continuous improvement.
- Strong experience of leading multi-disciplinary teams.
- Track record in delivering against stretching benefits targets.
- Relevant contracting / sourcing / leadership experience.
- Broad water industry and business knowledge.
- Experience in managing multi £m business transformational projects.
- Excellent proven commercial and contractual acumen.
- Solid negotiation and dispute resolution skills.
In applications we will be looking for:
- Dynamic procurement professionals with a minimum of 5 years’ worth of experience
- Degree educated
- Studying towards MCIPS
How to apply:
To discuss the Commercial Business Partner role in more depth please contact Joe Sewell at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 7824 045 203 | +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.