One of the largest and most diverse FTSE 100 Utilities Companies in the UK is looking for a Commercial and Procurement Manager to join the team due to growth.
There is a suite of new programmes and projects that require procurement strategies to be rolled out across the region and the Commercial and Procurement Manager will be at the heart of these projects.
Reporting to the Head of Procurement and Commercial Distribution the Commercial and Procurement Manager will provide ‘best in class’ commercial services to internal customers which will include commercial and contractual input to the development, construction and operational requirements of projects. You will facilitate the development and execution of commercial contract strategies which are aligned with category plans, company and business objectives.
Based out of Reading, you will be responsible for the Southern region, working with Project Managers on a series of programmes, valuing projects, defining the strategy and ensuring their timely and accurate delivery.
As Commercial and Procurement Manager your key responsibilities will be:
- Ensure compliance with all internal controls (legal, financial, risk, quality etc.) including the Major Projects Governance Framework Manual and external regulatory requirements including the EU Utilities Procurement Directives
- Demonstrate value leadership, customer service and innovation to support the vision in becoming a world-class provider of Procurement and Commercial services and embed a consistent approach to reduce the total cost of ownership by achieving targets set in this area
- Delivery of all contracts (Goods, Works and Services), within approved budget authorisations. This includes a selection of appropriate contracting strategy (including terms and conditions), administration and compliance with contract terms during design, delivery and construction phases for all projects
- Manage all post-contract commercial matters including cost class estimating, early warning notices, risk reduction meetings, negotiating/agreeing on compensation events, forecast and expenditure management and ensure that the core principles of the Commercial Manual are being implemented
Skills and experience:
- MRICS/degree educated or have equivalent direct entry to a recognised appropriate professional body and have previous experience in a similar role where you were responsible for the procurement and post contract commercial management of construction contracts (ideally NEC ECC, ECSC)
- Detailed knowledge and experience of complex contract structures and documentation
- Competent in drafting and interpreting construction contracts and experience managing suppliers and sub-contractors, and supplier vetting, development and management
- Proficient in the use of P2P procurement related systems and have experience of managing change requirements within organisations.
- Experience in an operational multifaceted business and therefore an understanding of supply chain concepts and how to improve them.
- Demonstrable stakeholder engagement and management skills are essential, as is the ability to influence, lead and resolve disputes and problem solve
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, strong commercial acumen, and a continuous improvement mindset
As travel will be essential throughout the UK, a Full UK Driving Licence will be essential.
Benefits of the Commercial and Procurement Manager role include:
- £80,000 base salary
- 3.7k car allowance
- 15% bonus
- 6% matched pension contribution
- 26 days holiday (ability to buy/sell)
- Share Save and Share Award schemes
- Tailored internal development opportunities
- One day paid volunteering
How to apply:
To discuss the Commercial and Procurement Manager role in more depth please contact Hayley Packham at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 7780 043157 | +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.