An evolving private healthcare organisation renowned for its specialist approach is seeking a Clinical Buyer to join its team as it undergoes a multi-million-pound transformation to implement cutting-edge technology across its facilities.
Reporting to the Clinical Category Manager, the Clinical Buyer will work within a small but high-performing team to manage and deliver all aspects of strategic sourcing on a clinical spend portfolio of £200m.
Based in its central London office, you will support the Clinical Category Manager and Head of Procurement by identifying and driving further value-added benefits in supply and cost reduction in clinical product spend across the enterprise.
As Clinical Buyer your key responsibilities will be:
- Developing sourcing strategies for all relevant spend categories
- Planning and project managing savings projects and working collaboratively with the implementation leads and key stakeholders
- Working with the Sourcing Team to identify savings opportunities (product standardisation, supplier rationalisation, etc.)
- Developing communication materials relating to category strategy for presentation to key internal stakeholders and suppliers
- Performing detailed supply market analysis with frameworks
- Presenting supplier long lists to Category Managers and other stakeholders (as necessary) to obtain sign off
- Developing tender documentation packages and managing the logistics of obtaining sign off from stakeholders
- Executing end-to-end tendering processes and managing supplier queries (escalating critical issues to relevant Category Managers)
- Working with the company’s internal Group Expenditure policy and contracting guidelines
- Developing first draft negotiation strategies and objectives
- If required, supporting Category Managers in supplier negotiations, including writing meeting notes
- Ensuring category spend, supplier management and contract databases are kept updated
- Preparing savings reports for relevant categories by working with the Procurement Business Analyst
Skills and experience:
- Indirect Procurement experience (experience sourcing either products or services)
- Demonstrable track record of achieving savings and influencing people of all levels
- IT literacy – competency with MS PowerPoint and MS Excel
- Ability to work with pace and under pressure, often in a stressful environment
- Clinical buying experience – desirable
- Working towards MCIPS – desirable
Benefits of the Clinical Buyer role include:
- Up to 15% bonus
- 6% company pension
- 25 days holiday
- Life assurance (2x salary)
- CIPS sponsorship
How to apply:
To discuss the Clinical Buyer role in more depth, please contact James Dobbin at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 7785 622635. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.