A leading insurance business based in Sussex, is recruiting a Category & Supplier Manager to work across a specialist claims category. You will be delivering procurement projects and manage key suppliers, managing contract risk and adherence and driving innovation and improved value from suppliers throughout the supplier life cycle. Whilst this role is specialist to claims it is not essential that you come with existing experience in this area, rather a sound knowledge of category and supplier management.
The Category & Supplier Manager (Insurance Claims) will be working at all levels across the business up to the Executive level in managing all aspects of the end to end procurement process. Your aim will be to make supplier sourcing as straightforward and efficient as possible for colleagues in the business and for suppliers and to manage key supplier relationships within their category throughout their lifecycle
The team here will work closely with you, and support in this business is never too far away. The company adopts a friendly and approachable culture, self-development is encouraged, and the inspiring Director here will no doubt push you to be the best you can be.
As Category & Supplier Manager (Insurance Claims) your key accountabilities will be:
- Create and deliver against ambitious Category Plans for areas of responsibility, identifying opportunities to deliver savings, increase value, improve service outcomes and manage risk, working in partnership with key stakeholders
- For assigned categories, run procurement end to end activities (tender/auction, negotiation, due diligence, etc. through to signing)
- Build a strong partnership with key stakeholders in the business, ensuring early engagement, making the process easy for them, with clear inputs, deliverables and acceptable turnaround times for completion of procurement activity.
- Liaise with legal to support stakeholders in a smooth contracting process, with key clauses and outcomes clearly understood.
- Maintain an up to date expertise in latest developments, key players, innovations, opportunities, market developments and regulation in your category
- Negotiate best commercial outcomes with suppliers which balance cost with the service level, risk, tenure, and alignment of long and short term organisational goals
- On board and implement suppliers, ensuring a clear implementation plan is in place and track benefits where delivered
- Manage in life contractual adherence, measure business case delivery and support identification and management of supplier risk
- Work in partnership with suppliers and supplier managers in the business to identify future opportunities to drive cost reduction, efficiency, drive transformational innovation or improve commercial outcomes
- Work with the accountable business owner to drive strategic alignment between business and supplier base, aligning strategic objectives and defining the strategic roadmap
- Ensure appropriate supplier meetings are conducted, in alignment with the supplier framework, define the agenda, chair, minute and ensure all issues and remedial actions are captured and followed up on in a timely manner
- Ensure key supplier risks are highlighted and actions are in place to address them.
- Ensure Internal governance processes are carried out consistently for all key suppliers
- Ensure processes are in place to monitor regulatory adherence and adherence to internal quality standards and expectations of our customers and other suppliers
- Ensure supplier reporting is delivered in a timely manner to support company risk committees.
- Ensure that all Supply Chain activities are carried out in an ethical and controlled manner in line with Supply Chain policies & procedures
- Support other initiatives and projects outside of your category as required
Skills and experience required:
- Significant relevant experience in a similar role
- CIPS qualified, or working towards CIPS qualification (preferred)
- A skilled negotiator with commercial acumen, being able to understand complex commercial issues driving negotiations to a conclusion in a timely manner with attention to detail
- Data-driven, analytical and inquisitive
- Communication, presentation and influencing skills
- Highly organised, and able to manage multiple projects to a conclusion in a timely and effective manner
- Effective stakeholder management.
Benefits of the Category & Supplier Manager (Insurance Claims) role include:
- £55-60,000 DOE
- £5k car allowance
- 10% bonus
- 27 days holiday
- Flexible benefits
To discuss the Category Manager (Marketing & Professional Services) role in more depth please contact Sophie Cook at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7387 103 143 | +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.