Based in the St Albans area, this FTSE 250 FMCG organisation is seeking a Category Specialist to own its Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO).
The Category Specialist (MRO) will manage all indirect Procurement responsibilities in these category areas across its production sites in Great Britain and Ireland.
Having invested more the £200m in new plant and equipment, the focus across these category areas is now to work in partnership with the site teams, ensuring the right Procurement of parts and services to keep assets in peak condition.
As Category Specialist (MRO), you will work closely with the site Operations, Engineering and Quality teams and be a linchpin in strategic long-term projects as well as short-term opportunities, focussing on enhancing value and efficiency for the company’s supply chain.
As Category Specialist (MRO), your key responsibilities will be:
- Demonstrating a good understanding of Procurement spend through strategic category management practices
- Running a full tender process by creating, running and analysing an RFP (through e-sourcing)
- Analysing suitability of new suppliers through financial analysis and use of tools
- Building an understanding of the relevant supplier market through investigations with internal business partners, supplier market analysis and a view to future trends
- Working with stakeholders and budget holders to deliver the best possible solutions that ensure the best value and price have been realised
- Delivering value for money through negotiation and understanding of best market price
- Developing and maintaining excellent supplier relationships with key suppliers to improve supplier performance and drive value over time through the use of SRM tools and techniques
- Developing and nurturing relationships with key stakeholders in the business unit
- Gaining trust and support of the wider business to enable Procurement best practice to become part of everyday business life
Skills and experience:
- Basic understanding of the FMCG market and basic manufacturing or supply chain experience
- Good generalist Procurement knowledge and/or Procurement/buying experience across a range of direct or indirect supply markets
- Understanding and exposure to project management, category management, stakeholder management, and supplier relationship management
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially communication and stakeholder management
- Strong analytical skills
- Flexible approach to managing projects, along with the ability to work at a fast pace, with high levels of ambiguity
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Basic SAP knowledge
Benefits of the Category Specialist (MRO) role include:
- £4,500 car allowance
- 10% bonus
- 12% pension (total contribution)
- Private health (family cover)
How to apply:
To discuss the Category Specialist (MRO) role in more depth please contact James Dobbin at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 7785 622 635 | +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.