An award-winning global media company with a forward-thinking, high-performing and opportunistic procurement team is recruiting a Category Specialist to manage its global IT & Telecoms spend.
Reporting to the Global Procurement Lead, the Category Specialist (IT/Telecoms) will be accountable for building relationships with the IT community globally, creating sourcing strategies that directly support top management decisions and delivering on the bottom line.
As Category Specialist (IT/Telecoms) your key responsibilities will be:
- Contributing to the overall performance, savings and profitability of the business
- Working closely with stakeholders to identify and deliver best-value solutions
- Negotiating the best overall commercial arrangements with suppliers selected through fact-based methods
- Becoming a recognised subject matter expert for your category, you’ll build strong, trusted relationships with internal stakeholders and help to identify business needs through interpreting spend, category planning, building market knowledge, influencing demand, developing sourcing strategies, deploying RFx, rigorous supplier selection and negotiations, contract development, supplier performance management, and assuring compliance with company policies
- Driving change; challenging existing sourcing decisions; coordinating supplier development strategies; always proving potential for improvement
- Collaborating and participating in global strategic initiatives that align with team objectives
- Building relationships with existing and new suppliers
- Building relationships with internal stakeholders
Skills and experience:
- 3-5 years’ technology procurement expertise
- Expertise in strategic sourcing & category management from within leading Blue Chip firm
Benefits of the Category Specialist (IT/Telecoms) role include:
- Up to 10% bonus
- 6% matched pension
- Private Medical
- Group life assurance
- Critical illness cover
- 25 days holiday
How to apply:
To discuss the Category Specialist (IT/Telecoms) role in more depth please contact James Dobbin at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7785 622635. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.