A FTSE 250 outsourcing company with a reputation for excellence is recruiting procurement professionals to drive change.
Procurement Heads is delighted to be partnering with a leading UK outsourcing business to hire a Category Specialist (IT).
This business serves clients ranging from banks to hospitals to critical government sites and prides itself on making a positive difference to millions of people every day.
The Category Specialist (IT) will report to the Category Lead for IT and will be responsible for supporting category strategy development, execution, and sourcing activity.
The role reports to a brilliant, seasoned tech procurement professional we recently placed into the business and would suit a recent procurement graduate with a hardworking, positive and ambitious attitude.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a junior procurement candidate with the hunger and desire to progress within a top company and learn from high-calibre procurement practitioners.
This a hybrid role, with time spent working at home as well at one of their three main office locations: Birmingham, Bristol and London.
Key Responsibilities of the Category Specialist (IT) role:
- Sourcing, Negotiations & Contracting
- Supporting and leading strategic procurement activities
- Supporting on complex high-value sourcing activities and negotiations, identifying new and more competitive sources of supply
- Negotiating and influencing suppliers to achieve best market value
- Ability to identify cost reduction opportunities within the business
- Liaising with suppliers to resolve issues with performance and regularly review, suggest, and develop improvements.
- Development of category strategies aligned to the business need.
- Stakeholder Management
- Managing and supporting a wide range of internal stakeholders.
- Supporting the development and delivery of annual targets and goals across cost, quality, reliability, and delivery
- Working cross-functionally with other departments and internal stakeholders
- Managing relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders, from aligning with internal colleagues to gather, assess and challenge business requirements to appropriately challenging external stakeholders whilst maintaining relationships
- Supplier Management
- Implementation and maintenance of a new Supplier Management Program covering all strategic and preferred suppliers, reviewing current processes and procedures, and identifying areas for improvement.
- Measuring supplier performance to identify areas for improvement.
Key Skills & Experience for the Category Specialist (IT) role:
- 2 to 3 years of procurement experience, showing evidence of considerable self-development
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and analytical skills (written and oral), customer-facing skills, excellent organizational skills, time management skills
- Accountable and dedicated, with a proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving and fast-paced environment
- Clear track record of stakeholder management with a clear focus on strategy implementation and risk mitigation
- Change management experience
- Capable of conflict management and resolution
- CIPS qualification is preferred but not essential
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
Benefits of the Category Specialist (IT) role:
- Up to £45,000 salary
- 5% matched pension
- Private health care
- Life assurance
- Employee shares scheme