A global business operating across 50 countries worldwide and supplying a unique portfolio of equipment and services. A business with strategic vison and capability providing unique products to a wide range of industries globally.
As Category Specialist you will to manage cost and supplier risks for site construction services such as civil, scaffolding, installation, piping components, heavy engineering capital equipment, maintenance services and spares. Your role spans across sites in the UK and Ireland, and thus maintaining stakeholder relationships across all locations will be key.
Your role is pivotal to driving cost savings, whilst engaging suppliers to ensure relationships are maintained and effective service is delivered. As a trusted advisor to stakeholders you will also raise the profile of procurement, providing expert guidance and advice throughout all projects.
Further responsibilities include;
- Drive cost savings in line with business targets and objectives
- Monitor and mitigate supply risks
- Maintain relationships with suppliers in order to extract best value through partnership
- Develop category plans and execute to ensure effective and efficient procurement
- Develop and manage relationship with internal stakeholders, share and communicate the category plans and provide regular updates
- Identify areas for improvement in procurement to pay process or any other process related to the specific category, propose and implement the required change for improvements
- Manage and resolve any conflicts with existing suppliers related to service performance or other issues such as invoice discrepancy
- Review terms and conditions for new contracts, work with legal team to ensure that all commercial and legal risks are mitigated through appropriate commercial and legal clauses
Skills you will need;
To be successful in this role you will need strong self-discipline and self-motivation to provide high standards of work. You will have an analytical nature, with the interpersonal skills to engage others at all levels.
Further skills required are as follows;
- Good understanding and experience in manging categories such as site construction (civil, scaffolding, installation, craneage and others), capital equipment, maintenance and spares
- Capability to handle complex contract negotiations
- Understanding of commercial terms and conditions of purchase
- Experience of drafting and implementing supplier agreements, appraising their performance against KPI’s
- Experience of leading Supplier relationship management program
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to prioritise, plan and multi-task
- CIPs qualification is desirable, although not essential
If you’re ready for your next challenge and you have a passion for driving effective procurement delivery this role could be for you!
To discuss this role in more depth please contact Sophie Cook at Procurement Heads. All enquiries are confidential, you can reach Sophie on 01962 869 838 / email@example.com.