After the successful placement of a Category Lead for Energy by Procurement Heads, we’re now looking to fill this newly created position which will support two Category Leads, one for energy and the other for fleet.
Alliance Healthcare was acquired by AmerisourceBergen in June 2021, America’s largest pharmaceutical wholesaler ranked number 10 on the Fortune 500.
Following the acquisition, the Group Procurement Director joined the organisation with the mandate to transform the procurement function.
To date, he has successfully secured c-suite support to facilitate this transformation.
Currently, the procurement team consists of 20 generalists operating in a flat structure across the UK and Europe sourcing everything from transportation, IT, facilities, business services, and capital equipment.
As Category Sourcing Specialist you will primarily be responsible for the procurement analytics of the Energy and Fleet category while supporting the Group Procurement Director to ensure alignment across the wider procurement function.
The role necessitates a switched-on self-starter who can hit the ground running and has an appetite for continuous learning.
While prior experience in fleet or energy is not necessarily required, an analytical approach is crucial.
Ideally, we’re looking for a driven and personable individual that is willing to take that next step up in their procurement career.
Key areas of focus:
- The development and execution of category practices for energy and fleet, including support of sourcing strategy definition, deployment, and stakeholder alignment, through market analysis.
- Support the Group Procurement Director by undertaking market analysis to ensure alignment across the wider procurement function.
- Undertaking sourcing projects such as an E-Sourcing platform.
The role adopts a hybrid working approach with the ability to work remotely for 3 days a week and on-site in Weybridge 2 days a week, one of which is either Monday or Friday.
The role will be UK-based and provides the opportunity to travel to each of the seven countries they operate in, once a year.
These include France, Spain, Netherlands, Norway, Turkey, and Romania with the purpose of aligning category strategy with in-country stakeholders.
You will be required to hold at least Level 4 CIPS, preferably Level 6 CIPS. Alliance Healthcare will provide professional development support to study further.
You will support the Category Leads in the identification of stakeholders in the initiation of the strategy development and executing sourcing projects.
You will coordinate the analytics and e-sourcing support from AmerisourceBergen, ensuring that the requirement of the support is clearly defined, performance reviewed, and all issues are resolved.
Initially, you will report directly to the Group Procurement Director.
However, as you will support the two Category Lead roles with a heavier lean toward the fleet role, as this newly created role matures, the Group Procurement Director will decide upon a line manager, of the two.
- 1st stage interview will be an initial screening Teams call with their Talent Acquisition team.
- 2nd stage interview with Ian Brenton, Group Procurement Director, more competency-based questions, on Teams.
- 3rd and final stage with the two Category Leads for Energy and Fleet, on Teams.
The interview process will include an excel based case study which will likely be presented in the final stage.
Should you wish to visit the site as part of the one interview then this can be catered to, otherwise, all stages will be on Teams.
Package and benefits:
- Salary is to be discussed on an individual basis
- Annual car allowance of £4,800 paid monthly
- An on-target bonus of 10%
- 25 days Annual Leave increasing with service
- Pension contribution of 12% from employer (double employees)
- Private Medical Insurance & Employee Assistance Program
- Cycle-to-work Scheme
- Free eye tests
- Hybrid working with 3 days remote