Based in Southampton and undergoing a period of change, this global organisation has created 6 new roles as a consequence of Procurement’s growing influence and is now uniquely placed to deliver real change within the organisation.
Working within Supply Chain, these roles will lead the procurement for a significant category (high spend, complexity and / or business impact) either solely or with support from a small buying team. The categories in question will be either Marketing, Engineering or more generalist Indirects.
The role provides expert leadership in all elements of the sourcing process, business partnering product and operations leaders to deliver greatest value in their category.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Develops, implement, leads and sets direction of the category sourcing strategy for the most significant categories, managing all aspects of the commercial, operational, quality and risk management requirements within their category.
- Responsible for the full end to end sourcing and supply process for a category from supporting business partners to develop a definition of need (Requisition / specification) through to confirmation of delivery and supplier payment. This is achieved through collaborating closely with the various business partners from product specialists, through supply chain and logistics.
- Engage effectively with the supply market for their category to bring value-added innovation and opportunities.
- Manage, on behalf of the business, effective supplier relationships, balancing security of supply, cost effectiveness, commitment, reputation and access to market innovation.
- Lead and execute tendering, negotiating, contracting and contract management activities on significant spend areas within their category.
- Identify and lead opportunities within their category to drive performance in supply, cost, quality, innovation and risk.
If these roles are of interest, please do call me immediately 0n 01962 869 838 or email email@example.com as they are keen to interview asap.