A leading FTSE 100 Leisure organisation has sustainability on the agenda for 2020 with a particular emphasis on packaging has created a brand-new position; Category Manager (Sustainability) to join its team.
The Category Manager (Sustainability) role will help the organisation to reach their Sustainability goals and ensure business practices and the items they buy are more sustainably sourced and preserve the environment.
Partnering with Product and Operation leaders, this role will initially lead the current state analysis, design and implement appropriate Procure Strategies and support the transformation of the plastic and packaging agenda across the end to end Supply Chain.
The position will span all Procurement Categories and collaboratively determine the most suitable and sustainable sourcing approach. The position will initially focus on eradication of single-use plastics across the business, driving the strategy that meets business objectives and exceeding guest expectations. This individual will also be required to assess what emerging challenges and opportunities surrounding the environment will have on the broader business agenda.
As Category Manager (Sustainability) your key responsibilities will be:
- Leading the assessment of all packaging from the point of origin to the point of use. Working with suppliers, Procurement & Supply Chain, Operations and HESS to drive understanding and reduction of packaging waste, single-use plastic, glass, cardboard and other waste items
- Working with stakeholders to define agreed action plans to reduce waste and ensure best practice disposal
- Developing knowledge and understanding of the fleet operation and working processes
- Driving supplier engagement and capability, supporting the SRM programme, to drive improvement plans, innovation and cost-efficiency
- Working in collaboration with the Procurement and Supply Chain team to ensure that sustainability and waste reduction is at the heart of plans and decisions.
- Leading and execute tendering, negotiating, contracting and contract management activities
- Performing cost/benefit analysis for changes and ensure plans are in line with business objectives
- Project managing the delivery of plans and initiatives
- Packaging expert for the UK business as it relates to HESS and Corporate packaging waste objectives
- Defining KPIs to measure the volume and complexity of packaging waste and issue updates to demonstrate progress, capturing and reporting on all activity across the UK business
- Supporting the Group activity, reporting on progress, working through opportunities to leverage scale and ensuring best practice
- You will have a high level of experience in best practice procurement within relevant categories along with demonstrable experience in category management, development of sourcing strategies and packaging experience
- Strong leadership, influencing, motivation and management skills
- Proven track record of networking and influencing both internally and externally and working in partnership with industry bodies and NGOs
- Delivering successful strategic projects and implementing complex change
- Commercially astute analyst, a natural problem solver with a strong understanding of leveraging operating efficiencies, opportunities to gain added value from suppliers and logistics partners
- Strong process orientation, able to apply clarity of purpose and define simple, robust operating processes
- Concise and influential communicator, able to discuss complex issues with clarity and credibility to a cross-functional audience of varied Experience
- A Degree in a STEM subject or Purchasing or Supply Professional Qualification (CIPS) would be desirable
Benefits of the Category Manager (Sustainability) role include:
- 5k car allowance
To discuss the Category Manager (Sustainability) role in more depth please contact Hayley Packham at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7780 043157 | +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.