Working exclusively with Dairy Crest, Procurement Heads is recruiting for a Category Manager. The role is part of a team responsible for the procurement of all goods and services across the Dairy Crest supply chain.
Location: Multiple Sites
Purpose of Job
- Member of the Group procurement team with direct responsibility for Supply Chain spend across the Dairy Crest group (approx. £35m spend pa).
- Leads by example as a key driver of change thinking and project execution, working closely with Engineering, Technical and Operational stakeholders to secure value and advantage for Dairy Crest together with our key suppliers.
- Establishes alternative specifications, supply options and innovation across the services covered whilst protecting Dairy Crest from risk exposure and establishing a sustainable supply chain.
- Identifies and implements significant bottom-line cost savings, as well as introducing company-wide best-practice processes to drive maximum value from operational budgets and supply base. Ensures that procurement is embedded as a key consideration within the stakeholder buying decisions and that the supply base accurately reflects the business needs and priorities.
- Supports the development of the Supply Chain Indirect Procurement team and the Procurement Function to deliver the team and functional objective
Nature & Scope of the Job
- Contribute to the development and adoption of key processes and ways of working for the procurement function
- Accountable for creating and achieving through the team cost savings, cash flow improvements, service and quality targets
- Sell the benefits of working jointly with procurement, what their relative roles and responsibilities should be in joint category teams, and alignment of targets
- Establish credibility among the various stakeholder communities by working hand in hand
- Develop strategies across their portfolios and expand their sphere of influence across the stakeholder’s budget
- Drive innovation and champion value-engineering across Cheese, Butter and Spreads Functional Ingredients
- Drive Dairy Crest to establish alternative supply options to open up the market and provide contingency plans
- Deliver measurable financial and non-financial benefits to the business
- Monitor market prices to ensure accurate price forecasting and risk mitigation
- Foster a continuous improvement mentality across the supply chain and suppliers
- Ensure a robust supplier performance and relationship management system is in place and maintained
- Delivering saving and cash flow targets within the categories identified
- Delivering robust contracts to manage spend and risk
- Supporting the Procurement Lead – Supply Chain in developing strategic plans and budgets
- Driving improvement in supplier performance across service, quality and cost via the SRM program
- Establishing strong stakeholder alignment and support
- Designing and implementing a clear risk management strategy i.e. reduced exposure and appropriate supply security
- Support and implement the key functional development projects
- Developing a clear understanding the total costs of managing the supply chain spend area
- Aligning the supply-base to Dairy Crest’s business goals
- Satisfying internal customer service, quality and innovation needs
- Provide accurate and timely information to commercial teams and wider business on price movements and forecasts
Knowledge & Experience Required
- Experience of managing large, complex cross-functional change projects
- Strong change management and implementation experience
- Track record for delivering sustainable and consistent cost saving projects
- Able to demonstrate a track record of engaging key stakeholders in category strategy development and implementation
- Flexibility in influencing skills/styles at all levels of the business
- Ability to demonstrate strategic change in a category role
- Advanced analytical skills
- Proven track record of extracting innovation from the supply base and implementation thereof in the organisation
- Proven track record in procuring Engineering/MRO and site services categories and capex equipment